kennyj22

Reaction score
We've tried the requesting the postcard 3 times.. its now been two months.. Then we scheduled a video call with Google 3 days ago.. No postcards ever received. No verification even from the video call where my customer showed them his warehouse, tools, truck, business license, insurance, and bond. still nothing! So frustrating.. the business is Mountainvue Appliance Repair .. in Issaquah Wa.

kennyj22

Reaction score
Phil,
1)no there are no other businesses at this address.
2) It's a SAB
3)mtnvue.com

This is just a simple, straightforward Appliance Repair Company working out of their home.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
A few things I'd suggest:

1. Specify your street address for now. You can always hide the address in GMB later, maybe a couple of weeks after you've verified. (If privacy is the concern, it's not like people can't find the address already.)

2. Add the NAP info to the footer. Mainly just so Google can detect the address somewhere on the page.

3. Work on as many of your non-Google listings (citations) as you can, right around the time you try to re-verify. Preferably you get some of the listings on the more-prominent sites squared done before then.

George-S

Reaction score
We've tried the requesting the postcard 3 times.. its now been two months.. Then we scheduled a video call with Google 3 days ago.. No postcards ever received. No verification even from the video call where my customer showed them his warehouse, tools, truck, business license, insurance, and bond. still nothing! So frustrating.. the business is Mountainvue Appliance Repair .. in Issaquah Wa.
Hello,

In a similar situation. Showed them, on a video call that they demanded my business license.

I have over 15 email exchanges with support and gmb. They all say nothing much at all. Vague to say the least. They surely don’t state why?! 🙄

What really gets me is all the wasted time. Legitimate business and I see numerous non legitimate ones having gmb listing(s).

I don’t get it. Still have no listing and at a dead end. Funny part is there is sure numerous blogs etc with information on setting one up. Easy peasey. Hmm still can’t find any proper info on this situation.

Reaction score
I've had a very similar situation for months. It turned out, at least in my case, was that I needed to change the email from where I was requesting a postcard from.

I never understood why but GMB was not liking my original email address. I created a brand new email address, set up a GMB account under that email, and requested a GMB verification postcard. Within 3 business days, it came through the mail.

Maybe this approach works for you if all else fails.

George-S

Reaction score
I've had a very similar situation for months. It turned out, at least in my case, was that I needed to change the email from where I was requesting a postcard from.

I never understood why but GMB was not liking my original email address. I created a brand new email address, set up a GMB account under that email, and requested a GMB verification postcard. Within 3 business days, it came through the mail.

Thanks

Hello, I was thinking it has something silly like this or a number of small things. I was going to try this technique. Your talking about a gmail account? X2

George

Reaction score
Thanks

Hello, I was thinking it has something silly like this or a number of small things. I was going to try this technique. Your talking about a gmail account? X2

George
That is correct. Just create a brand new Gmail account and under that email, create a GMB account for the business. Go through the verification process via postcard method and hopefully that should work.

kennyj22

Reaction score
Hey Ben, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.. I'm just wondering why they aren't sending the postcard?

THANKS! I'll try this if nothing else works.

kennyj22

Reaction score
OK so we are now verified for 5 days but I can't find my listing on Google Search.. Even when i search for the client's name "Mountainvue Appliance Repair" their GMB listing doesn't show up.. Does anyone have any insight as to why this is happening? I see them on Google Maps if i search their name but not on Google Search or anywhere in the Local Search results on Google.

Reaction score
OK so we are now verified for 5 days but I can't find my listing on Google Search.. Even when i search for the client's name "Mountainvue Appliance Repair" their GMB listing doesn't show up.. Does anyone have any insight as to why this is happening? I see them on Google Maps if i search their name but not on Google Search or anywhere in the Local Search results on Google.
New GMB listings take a while to show up, especially when you directly enter the branded name. I would just give it some more time for the listing to settle in.

Moreover, it may be that the listing is also experiencing this bug that is only affecting SABs: Google My Business Bug Dropping Some Businesses In The Middle Of The US

To verify do a quick search by entering the "target keyword Independence KS." If your business shows up in that area, it most likely is being hit by that bug. I'm currently resolving this issue for a client of mine.

kennyj22

Reaction score
New GMB listings take a while to show up, especially when you directly enter the branded name. I would just give it some more time for the listing to settle in.

Moreover, it may be that the listing is also experiencing this bug that is only affecting SABs: Google My Business Bug Dropping Some Businesses In The Middle Of The US

To verify do a quick search by entering the "target keyword Independence KS." If your business shows up in that area, it most likely is being hit by that bug. I'm currently resolving this issue for a client of mine.
It doesn't look like I'm affected by the KS bug.. I'm just NOT showing up on Google. Very frustrating when the entire first page is full of SPAM listings.