Reaction score
I noticed today that you are no longer able to hide your address in the GMB dashboard? I didn't know if this feature had been implemented for a while and I just had not encountered it or if it was new.

Had a client (a florist) request their address be hidden and realized the ability to do that in the address field was gone. Checked a handful of other clients' dashboards just to check if it was a one-off or not and it is the case for each listing.

Address GMB Dashboard.png

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Google has disconnected the service area from the address. What you need to do is clear the address info to hide the address. Then enter some service areas if you have not already done so.

Reaction score
Google has disconnected the service area from the address. What you need to do is clear the address info to hide the address. Then enter some service areas if you have not already done so.

I knew they had disconnected the service area from the address, but didn't realize the option to hide your address had been changed as well.

Yan is correct, also as a side note, after you clear the address if you put it back in you will have to reverify again.

This is good to know! It's good to have a heads-up that we'll need to reverify the listing if we hide the address this way. I'm assuming that it is a PC re-verification.

Thanks for the help, all.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Collin Unable to delete photos or change the category Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
kathleen.rhodes We are unable to get Google to merge 2 duplicate listings into the correct one Google Duplicates & Merges 1
J Unable to Log Into Client's GMB with Agency Email Help & Support for Google Local 5
L Unable to Verify after Requesting Access Google My Business & Google Maps 3
mikepetersonwi Unable to create GMB listing as it's considered a duplicate Google Duplicates & Merges 1
A Unable to Submit for Hidden Addresses Help & Support for Google Local 2
T Unable to Claim an Unverified Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Oliver Keates Unable to Verify Knowledge? Local Search 2
Rich Owings Google temporarily unable to transfer reviews Google Duplicates & Merges 8
T Need Help, Unable To Get In The Business Index Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Unable to Add Free Listing To YP Due To "Thryv.com" sales. Citations 16
Cordell Crowley Unable to See Business's Star Rating/Number of Reviews at First Glance? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Travis Van Slooten Unable to Claim or Update iBegin Listings (Unless Using Yext)? Local Search 14
O GMB unable to save category order. Local Search 1
TonyIsSocial Unable to Add Myself as Manager to Client Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 11
M Unable to Respond to Google Reviews - New Bug? Local Reviews 5
Travis Van Slooten We Are Unable To Store Your Image At This Time??? Help & Support for Google Local 5
W Debate about hiding addresses for SABs Local Search 16
Toby 39 Celsius Possible to hide hours in GMB Profile? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
snysarah "Clear address" versus hide address in backend of listing Service Area Businesses 2
djbaxter The best place to hide a body Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
O SAB to hide or not to hide Citation address Service Area Businesses 9
onebluesummer SAB to hide or not to hide Citation address Service Area Businesses 9
F Hide Address Questions Local Search 2
L To Hide or Not Hide the Address... Local Search 4
C Apple Maps Connect - No Hide Address Option Local Search 5
C Effect of Hiding Address Local Search 13
G Shall i hide my address on the map? Service Area Businesses 11
Gsmithmike Shall i hide my address on the map? Service Area Businesses 11
Linda Buquet Remove Negative Google Reviews By Responding??? Don't Hide your Head in the Sand Local Reviews 0
L ▶ VIDEO: HOW to Hide Address on your Google+ Local Page (Plus Why) Service Area Businesses 5
Linda Buquet ▶ VIDEO: HOW to Hide Address on your Google+ Local Page (Plus Why) Service Area Businesses 5
Linda Buquet Hide your Address on Google Local - New Warning for Service Area Businesses Google My Business & Google Maps 20
B Hiding Address Service Area Businesses 13
Bishop Hiding Address Service Area Businesses 13
Travis Van Slooten I Thought Service-Based Business Were Supposed to Hide Addresses? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
J Being forced to hide the address of a retail location Service Area Businesses 2
johncrenshaw Being forced to hide the address of a retail location Service Area Businesses 2
bluehabit Hiding Primary Residence on Google+ Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet PRIVATE Citations for "Hide your Address" Service Area Businesses? Citations 1
R Could hiding a street address in G+ Local cause issues with scraper IYP sites? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
L Whacked Listing Reinclusion Troubleshooter - Do Not Support, Hide Address Problem Service Area Businesses 5
Linda Buquet Whacked Listing Reinclusion Troubleshooter - Do Not Support, Hide Address Problem Service Area Businesses 5
MiriamEllis Hiding Adresss - But What About On The Website? Local Search 3
N Hide Your Address on Google Places Q & A Service Area Businesses 23
Nick.SEOSpark Hide Your Address on Google Places Q & A Service Area Businesses 23
Andrew Polanski Service Based Business... Slapped for not hiding address Help & Support for Google Local 1
Linda Buquet Can You Risk NOT Hiding your Address on Google? For Home Based Businesses Local Search 11
C Switching from hide address to show address Help & Support for Google Local 2