juliad

Reaction score
Our agency is having some difficulty changing the ownership of a client's GMB listing.

We logged into the client's GMB with the original Google account that was used to create their listing. Inside of the client's GMB dashboard, we made our agency email the primary owner. However, we are unable to login with the agency email to the client's GMB , despite becoming the primary owner. As of writing, we have to use the client's original Google account to make any changes to the GMB.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this? We have reached out to Google with little success. Thank you!

juliad

Reaction score
We are unable to login using the agency credentials, rather we have to use the client's credentials to login. When we log in to the client's GMB using his credentials, we see this:
clientthread.jpg

juliad

Reaction score
We're not actually using an agency account, it's a separate Google account that we set up for this specific client. The second user, "W..." is the separate Google account that we created. We cannot access the GMB Dashboard with "W..."

Also, I'm not sure where to access the "manage invitations" section that you mentioned.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Julia,

The manage invitations section is only applicable if you have an agency account.

I would suggest you contact GMB support about this using the "W" account (make sure you are logged in under that account) using this form: Sign in - Google Accounts

When you submit the form you'll get an auto-responder. Make sure you reply to the auto-responder and you should hear back in about 48 hours.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Unable to get verified in Google for SAB Local Search 14
Collin Unable to delete photos or change the category Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
kathleen.rhodes We are unable to get Google to merge 2 duplicate listings into the correct one Google Duplicates & Merges 1
L Unable to Verify after Requesting Access Google My Business & Google Maps 3
mikepetersonwi Unable to create GMB listing as it's considered a duplicate Google Duplicates & Merges 1
A Unable to Submit for Hidden Addresses Help & Support for Google Local 2
T Unable to Claim an Unverified Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Oliver Keates Unable to Verify Knowledge? Local Search 2
Rich Owings Google temporarily unable to transfer reviews Google Duplicates & Merges 8
T Need Help, Unable To Get In The Business Index Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Unable to Add Free Listing To YP Due To "Thryv.com" sales. Citations 16
Cordell Crowley Unable to See Business's Star Rating/Number of Reviews at First Glance? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Cordell Crowley Unable to hide address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Travis Van Slooten Unable to Claim or Update iBegin Listings (Unless Using Yext)? Local Search 14
O GMB unable to save category order. Local Search 1
TonyIsSocial Unable to Add Myself as Manager to Client Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 11
M Unable to Respond to Google Reviews - New Bug? Local Reviews 5
Travis Van Slooten We Are Unable To Store Your Image At This Time??? Help & Support for Google Local 5
Conor Treacy Google showing only domain name in results (when not logged in) Local Search 2
djbaxter GDPR Steps completed (LOG) Admin Stuff 2
Conor Treacy Ads not showing when logged into Google Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
Conor Treacy Green Stars for Reviews in Google (while not logged in) Local Search 2
M 'My Business' listing displays differently if logged in/out of Google Help & Support for Google Local 2
Linda Buquet Log Into Google My Business or Your Listing May Be Deleted Google My Business & Google Maps 1
shondarogers Google My business address is correct but not when logged in. Google My Business & Google Maps 3
shondarogers Logging In To Google Places Dashboard as an account admin Google My Business & Google Maps 1
G Using multiple gmail account to log in Google Plus Local Help & Support for Google Local 2
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
B Multiple practictioners in one area- my client is getting bumped out Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Jen Currier Is there any advantage, besides a single sign in, to having all clients connected to our GMB account? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tim Colling I'm getting calls from "Google Maps" at 650-206-5555, asking about clients' hours - are they legit? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
valentinb13 GMB uses residential address—but client wants to use PO Box for other citations... Citations 3
J New client with existing spam Moving or Name Changes 7
LauraUK SAB's - can a client without a Gmail leave a SAB a review. Service Area Businesses 3
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
M Google keeps reverting our clients address, no matter how many times we send a postcard Moving or Name Changes 4
Eoghan_MFeed Great customer review we pulled in for a client Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
D Client's Competition Keeps Trying to Take His Listing Spam on Google 2
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
CarrieHill Switchbird Solves Lead Nurturing & Client Communication for Agencies and Their Clients LSF News and Announcements 11
Ben Walsh The client won't drop it with disavowing links Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Joe Good Client verified but pending since 10/19/20 Help & Support for Google Local 2
M Client Says SEO Should Be Paid By Commission Only Consultant's Corner 15
S Clients Business name now has an "A" in front of all it's YEXT site listings Citations 1
H Multiple negative reviews and threats from one client Local Reviews 3
LocalSEODat Need help with a suspended GMB - Client had home address as place of biz, then suspended. Fixed to meet customers and got reply with no reason Service Area Businesses 6
coachmarino Company trying to sell client back their own GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
D GMB Expansion for SAB Client who Acquired a Business Google My Business & Google Maps 1