More threads by Niki

Niki

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been approached by a business that had two locations wrongly merged by Google back in December

This is the situation:

In December, Location A (Home supplies) was merged by Google into Location B (Bathrooms) whose showroom is 50 metres down the road.

So the client was left with only Location B (Bathrooms) and all reviews from both locations (280 of them) were brought into this one location.

The clients eventually created a new profile for the lost Location A (Home supplies) but are finding it very hard to get the listing back to where it was in terms of visibility, ranking, reviews etc. which is having a tangible negative effect on business.

Is there any chance of getting Google to rewind the clock and reinstate the listings to how they were before the December merge?

Or would you think this is a lost cause?

Thank you.

Solution
@JoyHawkins In a situation like this, what can the business do to try and make sure they aren't merged again in the future by Google when they set up a new profile for the one that was lost from the merge? This specific scenario is a brick & mortar and not SAB.

Thanks!
Keep the address, phone number, and website fields different for all locations.
Hi @JoyHawkins

I have a question, a few weeks ago the GBP help article about duplicates changed to advise that you can appeal a duplicate status when 2 profiles are merged. What does this mean? Can they now unmerge them or do they create a new profile and move the reviews, photos and posts?
1677832821743.jpg

Thanks
Yeah, they would create a new listing with a new CID...
Unfortunately, there is no way to undo a merge. I've seen this case before and eventually you should be able to get back to where you were but it's not fast.

@JoyHawkins In a situation like this, what can the business do to try and make sure they aren't merged again in the future by Google when they set up a new profile for the one that was lost from the merge? This specific scenario is a brick & mortar and not SAB.

Thanks!

Hi @JoyHawkins

I have a question, a few weeks ago the GBP help article about duplicates changed to advise that you can appeal a duplicate status when 2 profiles are merged. What does this mean? Can they now unmerge them or do they create a new profile and move the reviews, photos and posts?
1677832821743.jpg

Thanks

Thanks!
Hi @JoyHawkins

1677832821743.jpg

Thanks
Yeah, they would create a new listing with a new CID number.

Solution

Yeah, they would create a new listing with a new CID number.

Hi, this just happened to me. Would all of the previous profile information populate on this new listing? also, when submitting a support ticket there is no option to click appeal merged business do I just click duplicate business?

There is no way to undo a merge. If a listing wrongly got flagged as a duplicate you will have to recreate it. Before you do that, you should definitely investigate what made Google think they are the same listing so that history doesn't repeat itself.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom