djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A smart move by David?s Bridal helps customers of their major competitor and David?s Bridal at the same time...

David?s Bridal?s SEO Person Deserves a Raise
LocalVisibilitySystem.com
July 14, 2017

Longtime competitor Alfred Angelo goes belly-up without warning, so what does David?s Bridal do? Make an irresistible offer on an expertly-optimized page that a panicked bride will click on if she sees it in the search results.

alfred-angelo.jpg

...quick thinking on the part of their SEO guy or gal.

Just look at that description tag (above). The ?wedding of their dreams? is no mistake; that?s what Alfred Angelo promised, and what now only another, solvent company can deliver on. The click-through rate on that page must be insane.

The URL is named relevantly:
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Content_Bridal_alfredangelo

The content of the page is clear and on-topic ? no gimmicks.

alfred-angelo2.jpg

The remainder of the article is a summary of lessons to be learned for any large or small business.

Read more...

alfred-angelo.jpg

alfred-angelo2.jpg

mborgelt

Reaction score
Well done! I love seeing outside of the box things like this! Keeps the mind open to less-traditional options for getting results.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Greg Bernhardt Sharing reviews between very similar products? Organic SEO 4
S Confused. Very low authority websites keep ranking higher in Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 15
rayrober Very Strange GMB Activity Multi-Location Issues 2
Tim Colling VERY quick response to three reinstatement requests Google My Business & Google Maps 1
D One of my clients has seen a new listing appear with a very similar name to theirs, but linking to their website Help & Support for Google Local 3
Dan Foland Our Very Own Joy Hawkins is the New CEO at Local U! LSF News and Announcements 8
H A hypothetical: A famous local business gets it's very first website Ranking Puzzles 8
timcapper Very Weird Map Listing Display in Turkey Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Garrett Sussman The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Awful Online Reviews Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet 153 of the Very Best SEO & Local Search Tools - Backlinko Organic SEO 0
djbaxter Google can read JavaScript very well Organic SEO 3
F Very inconsistant NAP yet they still rank in Google Places? Ranking Puzzles 2
frederickwebpro Very inconsistant NAP yet they still rank in Google Places? Ranking Puzzles 2
Linda Buquet 4 New Pigeon Posts with Some Very Interesting Takeaways Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet 10 Things That Scare You if you do Local SEO - Be Very Afraid! Local Search 1
G Help us to unblock very improtant groups!!!!!!!!!!! Recycle Bin 0
C Listing not being triggered for very relevant keyword Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet 5 Very Important Local and SoMo Trends Mobile & Social 1
Phil Rozek Nice AdWords ad, Yelp Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
Phil Rozek New naming policies for call-only ads - would be nice if applied to Google My Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
R Look at what GOOGLE is testing now! nice knowing you Google maps. Local Search 3
Linda Buquet NEW - GMB Locations Bulk Import Summary per @rustybrick - Nice Addition! Google My Business & Google Maps 0
RobinOctane Alternative to Screaming Frog SEO Spider? Free is Nice Local Search 6
Dustybones Happy Friday for those of you that have a nice 9-5 cush job! Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Shelly Pros & Cons of Facebook Locations for Local SEO (for a Credit Union) Multi-Location Issues 2
rich_marlatt What Wordpress plugins do you recommend for SEO and Schema Markup? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
brettmandoes Hiring SEO Analyst - Full Time - Remote Accepted Local SEO Job Board 0
ganapathy Wix Platform From SEO point of view Websites, Software, and Security 4
Annika Neudecker One year later, is your GMB/local SEO traffic still up? Local Search 3
Chandra What is the state of reputation management in SEO and marketing? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
A Pointing SEO friendly domain to old domain and its effect on GMB ranking? Local Search 4
david.victor Best SEO/GMB Reporting Tools for Outreach? Consultant's Corner 4
B SEO A/B Testing is possible... And it is easier than you think Recycle Bin 0
J Voice SEO suggestions? Organic SEO 2
M Client Says SEO Should Be Paid By Commission Only Consultant's Corner 15
Kayla Adam Canadian Local SEO Agency Needed Local Search 3
shively Microsoft Clarity (Local SEO heatmap tool) Local Search 2
djbaxter Webinar Technical SEO Help Hour Oct. 28 Events 0
djbaxter Take the 2020 Local SEO Blackbelt Quiz Events 0
C The value of a blog on a website for local SEO Local Search 58
N Local SEO for Franchisee Local Search 4
D SEO Audit Expert / Consultant Needed Local SEO Job Board 1
djbaxter SEO Cheat Sheet for Small Businesses Organic SEO 0
djbaxter SEO Company Sabotages Ex-Client's GMB & Maps Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 0
DanielTexasLira Has anyone done Local SEO on a Dual Pad Hotel (two different hotel brands sharing the same location)? Local Search 6
djbaxter Do SEOs Blindly Believe Google's John Mueller? Organic SEO 2