More threads by bhartzer

Reaction score
Are watermarks of any kind allowed in photos uploaded to a GMB listing?

For example, one particular business has their photos 'taken' frequently, and used by other local biz or end up on other websites. So, they've put a watermark (their company logo) in the corner of each photo they upload to the GMB listing.

I haven't seen anything in the Google My Business guidelines that state you can't have a watermark.

Are watermarks or logos on photos allowed?

I just looked through various pages of guidelines and did not find any restrictions on watermarks with images.

This is the most specific I could find:

"The photo should be in focus, well-lit, have no photoshop alterations, and no excessive use of filters. The image should represent reality. "

>> no photoshop alterations
Well, there you go. That says that you can't make any changes to photos. So, that would technically include a watermark.

I have seen it on Zomato for example, top photographers watermarking their photos.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom