More threads by Jeffrey Taylor

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a Ford dealer that wants to switch from their .com domain to their .net domain. It has to do with the new Ford direct website being built and Ford requires the dealer relinquish ownership to their .com domain in order for them to get the new Ford direct website. They do not want to relinquish the .com domain and instead will relinquish the .net domain to Ford. Before I give them the list of stuff we must do, I am curious as to the ramifications of doing a redirect of all Citation sources website addresses. Is it important to update all citation sources to the .net address or will the redirect suffice?

I think the redirect would suffice. I would update the ones that actually send referral traffic and definitely update Google My Business.

Total agreement with what Joy posted with one additional note on the 301s. This is an old Matt Cutts video but I believe it to still be true today:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom