More threads by Gsmithmike

Reaction score
I have a website which is both in English, and Armenian. & I am trying to understand which route to take to market the business in both US and international market, and trying to decide what will be the best URL Structure

Should I use main domain as default for English, and then create sub for /am/ and any other language I am adding? or use /en/ as default rather just having the main domain for Englis...

The business is not located in US, but I feel the default language should be in English. as main market will be people who would chose EN as default?
Which one is a better option for SEO?

Creating subfolders for the Armenian pages is a solid idea. I think it would make sense to nestle the English pages under /en/ to create a good user experience and help Google understand the English pages vs Armenian pages. Especially if you plan to add additional languages in the future, having folders for all languages will make more sense. It will make reporting/analyzing analytics by language easier too.

Make sure to look into Hreflang too Hreflang: The Easy Guide for Beginners

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Navigating GBP Support

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom