More threads by ericcawley

ericcawley

Reaction score
I've collected these percentages regarding other forms of marketing (e.g., Search ads, Display ads, organic search), but I haven't found anything regarding the above.

If you can point me in the direction of some data, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric Cawley

Hi Erica!

Search ads, display ads, and organic results let you track the clicks that you can use to calculate a rate. Since clicks on GMB listings aren't tracked anywhere, it´s impossible to determine a typical conversion rate. What you can do though is determine a conversion rate based on impressions. If your listing gets 10.000 impressions per month and you receive 35 calls then you're able to say you get 350 calls per 100.000 impressions. That would be your benchmark.

Use UTM to track clicks and call tracking to track calls.
Agreed. UTM tracking combined with event goals implemented on the landing pages should help you determine a conversion rate. Also, discuss what success means with your client. Does this mean increases in phone calls or site clicks, feet in the door? With GMB, reporting is limited so you have to set tracking in place outside of GMB to gather the full picture.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom