More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Eric Ward (Link Moses) often said: "Links that would exist, even if Google and Bing did not, are almost always the ones that provide the most value. That's both in traffic and in rankings."

Reaction score
Guys, if a site you got a, link from should get penalized, does this mean you will too or have negative effects on your end?

DarfPalmer

Reaction score
Backlinks, also known as inbound links, are links from other websites that point to your website.

keyserholiday

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Guys, I would like to get into the nitty gritty of this topic as I am getting conflicting info on the net with different opinions from different people so what I am seeking are "facts". I understand about "trade secrets" so I don't expect anyone to share their deep secrets here but any advice/opinion on this would be a big help.

So I am being told anything you find on Fiverr is going to be a waste of time and typically paying anywhere from $150-400 for a single link is what is required.

I am thinking paying for links from sites like Quora, Reddit, Huffington Post, BrightLocal and Whitespark would be the way to go but my main question is first, what exactly determines a link to be a "powerful" link please? I was told that linking from a high DA site does not necessarily mean it's a powerful link so what gives?

Fiverr links don't do anything at all. They are all low-quality links and Google will discount them. Quora, Reddit, and Huffington Post are all no-follow links and Google discounts them. You are not going to be able to get links from BrightLocal or Whitespark. They don't accept paid guest posts, you would have to write something of high value and credible, but they won't link to a client.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

QRCode

QR Code
Top Bottom