Reaction score
I'm helping a new development (ie:new neighborhood) get started with their marketing. Question: what type of google+/GMB page should i create? There is no office setup yet - it's currently just undeveloped land. Just planning for future. Maybe I should even do anything yet?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
If you want it to be a Local G+ page then need to wait. Can't create until max 2 weeks before they are open to the public.

But if there is no on-site walk in business office, can't do a Local page in which case you could go ahead and start a G+ brand page.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Wrong type of local page?? Can't leave reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Margaret Ornsby Unsupported Page Type? Locked Out of Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
KungFuBacklinks Old G+ Business Page (Local Type) and Proper Verified G+ Local Listing Help & Support for Google Local 3
Linda Buquet No Verifcation Check Mark? New Type of Page OR??? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Travis Van Slooten Can This Type of Business Merge Their Google+ Biz Page with G+ Local Page? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Confused re the Different Types of Google+ Local Pages? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
vtrjavier Good someone to provide me with types of services (ideas ) that could work in a city or country? Local Search 1
M Where does this type of SPAM come from? Spam on Google 7
hajnasiewicz What is this type of knowledge panel called Local Search 5
sixthcitysarah New GMB post type - COVID-19 Support? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M COVID-19 GMB Post Type Local Search 4
B Grid-type tools for service-area biz with hidden address? Local SEO Tools & Software 4
djbaxter Fake Product Review Sites: New Type of Spam Exploit in Google Spam on Google 0
djbaxter Which service-area business types perform best in local search? Service Area Businesses 0
Cordell Crowley Getting two side-by-side businesses of the same type to show up on Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 4
djbaxter What Type of Content Is Most Effective for Attracting Website Traffic? Organic SEO 0
Suleyman Okan A new type of search spam Local Search 2
Nikos Appointment URLs in more business types Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Garrett Sussman 5 Types of Online Reviewers and What They Care About Local Reviews 2
G How do clients search for services (what do they usually type in google to find you) Consultant's Corner 1
Garrett Sussman 5 Types of Phrases in Online Reviews that Create Customer Distrust Local Reviews 0
Garrett Sussman 13 Types of Content to Include On Your Online Review Management and Marketing Service Local Reviews 7
Linda Buquet Google Will Soon Show Type of Business (Category) Right in Map View Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Priya Chandra Are there more than 3 types of local SEO services? Local Search 2
JoyHawkins DRAFT - 2 Types of 3-Packs Weight Ranking Factors Differently Post Drafts (Private) 1
Linda Buquet Tried this for Local Links and Citations? Brilliant for the Right Type of Client Local Search 4
L Google Local Duplicates: The Different Types & How to Deal with Them Google Duplicates & Merges 0
Linda Buquet Google Local Duplicates: The Different Types & How to Deal with Them Google Duplicates & Merges 0
J You Are Not An Eligible Business Type For Google Maps Service Area Businesses 4
Jo Shaer You Are Not An Eligible Business Type For Google Maps Service Area Businesses 4
eestrada234 New Type of Google Local Rich Snippet?? Video Thumbnail? Local Search 14
M Interesting...Typing In Dentist + City in Local Google My Business & Google Maps 5
sergiuliano TOP Citation Source Website Types Citations 2
Jamie Steigerwald Schema.org LocalBusiness vs specific type Local Search 0
djbaxter Bug in recent versions of Chrome and Edge: More blank pages Websites, Software, and Security 2
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
k.ivanova Wikipedia page associated with old brand KP Ranking Puzzles 2
Jac Google My business Photos - Uploaded but not reflecting on contribution page Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Site has higher DA and more backlinks than sites on 1st page and still not on 1st page Local Search 5
djbaxter Core Web Vitals and the Page Experience Update Google Algorithm Discussions 7
Nicole Basham Cons of Removing Second FB Page Profile/"Extra" Twitter account for Local SAB? Mobile & Social 1
E Issues with managing business pages on Facebook Citations 3
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
NexstarNickR Wikipedia pages Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
N 54 city pages for small business website Local Search 7
ChristianRdz Redirecting a ranking page to another site Organic SEO 4
S What makes a great Home/Landing Page in Local? Local Search 6
sixthcitysarah Anyone know much on in-page PHP coded redirects? Websites, Software, and Security 1
Imperialpest Page Speed and Local / Ranking Question Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
A Facebook page rating keeps fluctuating Local Reviews 5