More threads by ToddB

ToddB

Reaction score
Always wondered how others handle this.

When you get a new client. What do you do? How do you incorporate them into your daily workflow? How do you manage to get them caught up and on your plan?

I'm interested in hearing what others have to say as I am going through the motions of cleaning up my process so I figured why not start a post

Is there a specific part of the process you're wondering about? There are a lot of ways to answer that question

In one sense, I'd say: do whatever you've done for previous clients :)

But I'd also say that you'd pretty much never work a client into your "daily" workflow. There's usually not work to be done every single day. It happens in waves: very early on you do things like make sure the Google+ Local listing is 100%-compliant, and you deal with some of the big listings, like ExpressUpdate and LocalEze. But then inevitably you're waiting on the client for one step or another, or you're waiting for Google to "digest" your work.

Personally we have a checklist of items we take clients through as part of our on-boarding process. Everything from loading to the CRM to making sure we track there keywords with our keyword tool. About 1/2 of our month is evaluating there current situation and then moving forward with that information.

I would recommend identifying those things that you will be measured by and get at least your baseline.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom