More threads by dnp

dnp

Reaction score
Hello, this is a very basic question, but where do I change the business/mailing address for SAB in the profile? thank you so much!

If you click on the "no address" bit, it shows you the adress panel where you can enter one again.

Note that entering an address in a SAB is highly likely to trigger a revalidation. Doubly so if you're using an address different from the original validation

Reactions: dnp
Thank you, @JS Girard! So we can only enter a new one, but can't see the address tied to the profile, is that correct?

I created a new profile for my client, and last week tried to verify it. Google asked for a mailing address, but only gave us a phone option and we did the verification. But few days after, Google asked for a mailing address (again) and another verification, this time they only gave us a postcard option.

I haven't requested the postcard since the client is moving next week and I'm planning to send it to the new address instead. So I'm trying to see if the profile is already tied to the current address (the one I entered when doing the phone verification) and if it's gonna be a problem down the road if the address I use next time to send the postcard to is different. It's kinda a bit complicated, so wondering if anyone ever came across this situation 😅

Thank you, @JS Girard! So we can only enter a new one, but can't see the address tied to the profile, is that correct?

I created a new profile for my client, and last week tried to verify it. Google asked for a mailing address, but only gave us a phone option and we did the verification. But few days after, Google asked for a mailing address (again) and another verification, this time they only gave us a postcard option.

I haven't requested the postcard since the client is moving next week and I'm planning to send it to the new address instead. So I'm trying to see if the profile is already tied to the current address (the one I entered when doing the phone verification) and if it's gonna be a problem down the road if the address I use next time to send the postcard to is different. It's kinda a bit complicated, so wondering if anyone ever came across this situation 😅
Okay, this is kind of two separate things at this point:

• The profile is not verified right now, so whatever the original validation address was, it's irrelevant because you are going to have to send a postcard no matter what. You have to account for the time it takes for the card to arrive, so might want to consider requesting it a few days before the planned date of the move.
  • No you can't find out the exact invisible address that is being used "behind the scene" by Google. But you CAN verify an educated guess. You'll want to and zoom close to the suspected address and do a generic keyword search that should find them (e.g. Realtor+town, electrician + neighbourhood etc.). If your client has their address in the general area, it should be easy enough to confirm.
The degree to which you can "close in" on the potential address is somewhat variable, but since you already had a good idea about it in the first place... I've used it to make guesses about the true place of validation for GBPs we were trying to gain control of, or GBPs that had the hidden changed by Google (which is apparently is a thing that can happen!).

Also, a sidenote: having initially a phone validation, and then a postcard validation has become pretty common. Be mindful that sometimes phone/text message validation locks the phone number (we've had multiple clients for which we had to contact google support over this issue).

thank you so much for this thorough explanation @JS Girard ! This is really helpful!! Do you mind explaining "Google locks in the phone number"? Does that mean we can only change it by contacting them in the future?

You won't know until you try changing it. What happens is basically is the edit is auto rejected, and yeah, if it is the case (a minority, but a VERY annoying bug!), you will have to contact Google Support so they can basically make you revalidate. Very annoying.

You won't know until you try changing it. What happens is basically is the edit is auto rejected, and yeah, if it is the case (a minority, but a VERY annoying bug!), you will have to contact Google Support so they can basically make you revalidate. Very annoying.

Good to know, hope I never have to deal with this issue lol. But thank you so much for sharing!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom