More threads by AndySimpson

AndySimpson

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
okay, I think I might be seeing things but I haven't been checking for spam business listings for the past couple of weeks BUT I just had to check a listing for a client this morning as we had a spam fighting tactic planned a few weeks ago and I was just checking to see how bad it currently was. To my complete surprise (scratching head) I found just 1 "slightly" spammed out listing, but that was it.

Not exact example but you'll see below I am not seeing hardly any spam listings:

There's one listed below:

car_spam.png

Nothing listed for "personal injury lawyer nyc", there were 1 or 2 when I zoomed in and out but nothing like it has been in the past.

zilch.png

I don't have much time to dig into this right now, hence this post, but just wanted to put it out there, has anyone else seen this reduction...or am I just having "one of those days"? I'd probably go with the latter...

Please let me know your findings, thank you.

I'll happily take credit. We have clients in both those cities and we do a lot of spam removal lol

But no, in reality, Google has definitely cleaned up a lot of spam in this industry. It's not like it was back in the spring.

I'll happily take credit. We have clients in both those cities and we do a lot of spam removal lol

Thanks Joy, I'll give you a couple of other cities for you to take a look at 😏

Also a big cleanup in Divorce Lawyers, I actually thought it was a mistake, hence the post...I'll dig a little more but good to see. TY!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom