Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I agree with Phil, Google and Yelp are 2 of the toughest review sites to get reviews published on. And most experts agree you should give your customers/patients a choice of 3 review sites anyway.

So what are the best review sites in terms of ease of placing reviews? For starters ones that don't require setting up a new account but allow Facebook log in.

Phil breaks down review sites in a way that makes it easy to find the ones that will best meet your needs.

<a href="http://www.localvisibilitysystem.com/2015/03/06/which-local-review-sites-are-on-your-side/">Which Local Review Sites Are on Your Side? | LocalVisibilitySystem.com</a>

I’ve rounded up all the review sites I know of that make it very straightforward – in one way or another – for customers to write reviews. They make customers jump through a minimum of hoops.

Sure, that also means that it’s easy for people to post bogus reviews. But these non-Yelp, non-Google sites follow a different philosophy: let the reviews through and let readers make up their own minds as to what’s legitimate. (Given how lax Google’s review filter has become and how Yelp’s filter hasn’t gotten any better, I think there’s much to be said for the hands-off approach.)

Here are some sites that make it especially easy for customers to post reviews – and most of these sites are pretty important.

Handy list, eh?

Thanks Phil!

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
Another great, informative article from Phil. I agree that giving customers several different options to review a business will help facilitate getting more of them and spreading them out. Not everyone is so inclined to open yet another account on these site.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Linda Buquet 88 Top Industry Specific Local Review Sites Local Reviews 6
Local Search News Curator Comparison of Local Review Sites: Where Should You Focus Now? Local Reviews 3
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
Professor M No Reviews on Local Packs for Car Wash Category in Different Countries Google My Business & Google Maps 1
jeff_taylor GMB Removes Reviews from Local Pack Local Search 0
danielwallace Needing to transfer reviews from local listings to 1 service area listing Google Duplicates & Merges 1
StephanieNewton Local Search Clinic with Phil Rozek (Online Reviews) Local Reviews 1
M Local Knowledge panel: What determines the two sample reviews that are displayed? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
champiso Popups in the mobile to put a review to the exit of a local business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Local U 2019: Map Spam, Review Stars, Google Winning, Yelp Losing, and Joy Hawkins Local Search 0
ashley.smith Does Google My Business prioritize reviews from Local Guides over other users? Local Reviews 7
djbaxter Video: SEL interview with Joy Hawkins on reviews and changes in Local Search Local Search 0
AndySimpson A+ local guide's post getting pushed to the top of the reviews Local Reviews 3
Matt Casady Hilarious Reviews of a Local Park Bench Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
freerunr Interesting Things in Local Finder: Question Mark and "Write a Review" Google News: Important Changes & Features 2
D GMB and Local Service Ad Reviews Local Reviews 3
rosie.brightlocal New Local Consumer Review Survey now live! Local Reviews 0
rosie.brightlocal Google Reviews Study: How are local businesses using Google Reviews? Local Reviews 1
whiz Is local ranking just on-page, location, citations and reviews? Local Search 4
Garrett Sussman 3 Creative Ways to Use Community Events to Get Reviews For Your Local Business Local Reviews 2
M Reviews in Local Pack Local Search 2
rosie.brightlocal BrightLocal's Local Consumer Review Survey 2017 Local Reviews 1
Garrett Sussman Mapping the Local Online Review Strategy That Every B2B Needs Local Reviews 9
freerunr Native Reviews on Yahoo Local Local Reviews 3
Garrett Sussman The Convergence of SoLoMo (Social Mobile Local) and Online Reviews Local Reviews 0
Colan Nielsen 10 Ways Local SEOs Can Start Helping Their Clients Get Reviews Local Reviews 4
Tim Colling Cheesy "pay for review" outreach on behalf of Moz Local Local Search 3
Priya Chandra Do you see what I see - 3rd party reviews in the local SERPs? Local Search 2
Linda Buquet FUNNY Local Reviews - The LOL Collective: Need Some Comic Relief? Local Reviews 7
P Local SEO Reputation Management - Time to Remove Those Bad Reviews Recycle Bin 0
W Local Guides are posting bogus photos/reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Local Reviews & Reputation Mini Roundup - Start the New Year Off Right! Local Reviews 3
Linda Buquet Google Official - Reviews Will Not Come Back on G+ Local Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 30
Linda Buquet Places Scount Review - The Swiss Army Knife for Local Search Local SEO Tools & Software 18
Linda Buquet NO Reviews or Stars In The New Local 3 Pack - Yet Another Google Test? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet The Fine Art of Asking for and GETTING Local Reviews Local Reviews 6
Priya Chandra You don't need to be 'Local' on Facebook to get reviews Local Search 3
R Wrong type of local page?? Can't leave reviews Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Tons of Gold Nuggets about Reviews & Reputation Building for Local Consultants Local Reviews 0
K Re: Building Reviews for Local Search Success - Free InsideLocal Webinar Recycle Bin 0
Jonathan Hatton Penalty for too many Google+ Local Reviews? Local Reviews 4
Linda Buquet Speaking to Robots - 5 Local SEO Schemas Including Gmail Reviews? Local Search 5
Linda Buquet Google Local Reviews WordPress Plugin Local Reviews 13
Linda Buquet Pigeon Strategy :: Local Voice Search :: Google Review Tips :: Local Influencers Local Search 1
Dustybones Understanding the Google + Review Filter: Local Visibility System Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Ultimate List of Local Review Widgets and Badges - Phil Rozek Local Reviews 8
Linda Buquet 25 Customer Review Nuggets You Can Use to Build your Local Business - Rozek Local Reviews 2
Linda Buquet Ultimate Guide to Finding Google Local Reviews that were Filtered/Removed Local Reviews 6
Dustybones Local Reviews Strategy: Mobile vs. Desktop - Phil Rozek Local Reviews 5
Linda Buquet Did the CEO of Yodle Really Just Say That? Re: Local Reviews Advice? Local Reviews 3