More threads by Oliver Keates

Reaction score
This is a very basic question, i have claimed my GMB that appears when i search for my company.

Take a company like Mcdonalds, they have a knowledge panel. Does ones company have to become a certain size or be a well known brand name before google recognizes it should have its own knowledge panel.

I have read About knowledge panels - Knowledge Panel Help .

It would be great to get other peoples latest input.

thanks

When you perform a direct search (branded phrase), we refer to what you see as a KP of a local entity.

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 3.59.26 PM.png

I think this may be confusing because Google also considers branded entities KP's as well.

Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 3.58.36 PM.png

For clarification, which are you referring to?

If you are referring to the national KP, that does take a lot of work to develop. I've seen people who have success with structured data and authoritative links. Having a Wikipedia profile helps as well, with the caveat that it's understood that is insanely hard to get past the mods there.

I hope this helps some. Let me know if you have any other questions, or if I misunderstood entirely.

Simple process I've seen work is this:

1.) Create an entry for the brand/thing you are wanted to have KP for in wikidata.org
- Do competitive research to see which attributes are necessary for other similar brands to yours that do have a KP

2.) Create a a Wikipedia page for the brand/thing you want to have a KP for
- Write this from an unbiased view so that it actually gets accepted

Once both of those exist, the KP should start to show up, giving you the ability to claim it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom