OmegaMan

Reaction score
Why would I lose ownership of my Business Page to a MANAGER I added a month ago ?

Ya sure it can be transferred back but I lose my FOLLOWERS and

Ive been the owner of my listing for 3+ years

Does anyone know how I can get this fixed ?

Link to your local Google+ page (https://plus.google.com/+OmegaLocksmith):
Business name (Omega Locksmith):
Business location: 4329 W. 26th St. Chicago, IL. USA
Business telephone (773-277-5625):
Business category (LOCKSMITH):
Website: Omega Locksmith Chicago - Replacement Car Keys- 24/7

OmegaMan

Reaction score
dash.jpg

dash.jpg

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Please provide a link showing us where that WHY link leads to.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
It says likely guideline violations.

Plus as you know Locksmith listings are just extra touchy. I've often said if you have one I would not touch it if it's working. Any edit can cause the algo to come looking for compliance issues.

The potential benefit of MAYBE ranking higher in my opinion is not worth the risk of totally being suspended and having nothing.

Right now that's a stripped page that won't rank in local search or maps or show your 31 reviews.

Did you hire someone to optimize? Is that why you added a manager?

Are you sure they are a pro? Do you think they changed something that caused a problem?

OmegaMan

Reaction score
The listing is still live and active Its just not under my GOOGLE gmail account

It was transferred to the MANAGERS g mail account

And from what I read on the Google help page I would've been the only one to be able to do that, But I didn't

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
I would get on the phone with support. They may be to shed some light on what happened and maybe can help you on the spot.

Margaret Ornsby

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I'm having this same trouble with a client's listings. Called Google, they told me it was a system error and have escalated it. I got the feeling it's a known issue, even though I couldn't get her to elaborate. I should hear back in the next 36 hours.
Glad you reported your scenario - I was thinking it might be along the lines of what Linda was suggesting or because of a manual review on one of the pages. Seems it's more random than that.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Can you share the # please

THere is no number. To contact Google VIA phone support. Click this link during the hours stated below: https://support.google.com/business/#contact=1&topic=3450784

If you click during off hours you won't see it - but if you click during support hours there will be a "Call Us" button at the top.

Phone support hours are Monday - Friday, 1 AM - 5 PM PST

Please let us know what they say or do so we know in case this happens to anyone else.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I'm having this same trouble with a client's listings. Called Google, they told me it was a system error and have escalated it. I got the feeling it's a known issue, even though I couldn't get her to elaborate. I should hear back in the next 36 hours.
Glad you reported your scenario - I was thinking it might be along the lines of what Linda was suggesting or because of a manual review on one of the pages. Seems it's more random than that.

Yes we just escalated several of them at the G forum and told them we're seeing this enough that it seems there is a problem.

However since Jose has a locksmith listing, it's possible it's something else.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Again, not sure that both issues in this thread are due to the same issue...

But the broad issue of listings being disabled that we've been seeing, is being investigated by engineers so with luck a fix will be coming soon.

So hang tight and don't tweak anything right now.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J How to make someone else admin without losing access? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
E.Dieter Martin 1 service area business, 1 "office", 2 phones, 2 GMB listings. Merge without losing reviews? Service Area Businesses 1
djbaxter Are we losing the Page Speed battle? And if so, who are the losers? Websites, Software, and Security 25
JoyHawkins Did Yelp Lose Review Stars on Category Pages? Local Reviews 2
djbaxter Local U 2019: Map Spam, Review Stars, Google Winning, Yelp Losing, and Joy Hawkins Local Search 0
Rich Owings Attorney buys and renames bankruptcy practice; loses GMB listing after 2 years of reviews Moving or Name Changes 10
J Local Map Pack - Losing Leads Because of Opening Hours Local Search 3
Garrett Sussman Are You Losing 5 Star Reviews to Hidden Customer Expectations? Local Reviews 2
H Citations importance in claiming and losing or GMB listings. Citations 9
Ray Litvak Dental Clients Loses 3 Reviews Overnight Local Reviews 4
L Moving Your Office Without Losing your Google Rankings - Joy Hawkins Moving or Name Changes 6
Linda Buquet Moving Your Office Without Losing your Google Rankings - Joy Hawkins Moving or Name Changes 6
Gsmithmike Why Losing Ranking while your citations are power synced and correct? Help & Support for Google Local 24
Chris Ratchford Moving office- Lose reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Rich Owings Recently moved biz wants to claim page and not lose reviews Help & Support for Google Local 4
Linda Buquet Did Google Lose Attorneys & Plumbers on Google Maps? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Google Maps Loses San Antonio Tx - Eaten by a "Shitty" One Box Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H I'm losing my mind over correcting address on Google. What is my best option? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
H I'm losing my mind over correcting address on Google. What is my best option? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Travis Van Slooten If You Accept Payments Through PayPal, Beware - You Could Lose Your Money! Consultant's Corner 10
valentinb13 No support follow up on getting access to/ownership of existing listings Help & Support for Google Local 2
S Trying To Gain Ownership of Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Can Changing a Listings' Ownership delete the Comments? Local Search 2
Kevin Marshall GMB Listing Ownership Hijacked Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Scott Rawlins Primary Refuses to Transfer GMB Ownership Google My Business & Google Maps 2
brettmandoes Is anyone having trouble transferring listing ownership to a new account? Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Cordell Crowley 3-Day Change of Ownership for a Google Maps listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
L Lost Ownership of Listing - Not Sure How to Get Back Google Duplicates & Merges 4
DigitalMarketer LLC & Google My Business Listing Showing Ownership Google My Business & Google Maps 1
lancemoore22 Transferring GMB ownership (when the manager) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Ownership Request Options Google My Business & Google Maps 3
D Requested ownership, didn't hear back - What now? Multi-Location Issues 5
Linda Buquet New Ownership: Joy Hawkins' Company Sterling Sky, Inc. Has Acquired the Forum LSF News and Announcements 40
J Get GMB Ownership w/o Current Owner Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Local Search News Curator Reported Problems with Search Point UK and Google Business Pages - Online Ownership Recycle Bin 0
Greg Schueler Can't Request Ownership of Claimed SAB Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
L Properly Transferring Ownership of a Local Google+ Page Consultant's Corner 4
R Google 'Business Account' Blunder - Transfer Ownership, Don't Export/Import Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Rich Owings Problems getting management/ownership of Google business page Help & Support for Google Local 5
eestrada234 Claiming Ownership of Yext account from Previous Owner Local Search 1
eestrada234 Reclaim ownership of Localeze listing Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Multiple Managers & Transfer Ownership Added to Local Google+ Business Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Jac Google My business Photos - Uploaded but not reflecting on contribution page Google My Business & Google Maps 1
AndySimpson Google My Business Opening Date - What Date Should You Use? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jason_Parks1 Years in Business (Misleading) - Thoughts? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Matt Chauhan How to deal with a business merger? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
dateinadash SAB location no longer appears next to my business Service Area Businesses 1
NevenaIvanova Need help with business detail update of a Chinese business Local Search 3
S Old Listing Hijacked by another business Spam on Google 2
djbaxter Google Maps Removed 55M Reviews & 3M Fake Business Profiles Spam on Google 2