More threads by Steve-Cocotours

Reaction score
Like many of you I work in a very competitive field. My company Cocotours is currently ranked 11 out of 130 ground transportation providers in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Cocotours (Punta Cana) - 2019 All You Need to Know Before You Go (with Photos) - Punta Cana, Dominican Republic | TripAdvisor

I have read several articles recently on the benefits on incorporating schema code into websites, so I would be keen to enjoy an advantage over my competitors in applying schema code correctly before they learn of schema!

I have read the full list of schema attributes available, and I believe that I might apply the Trip attribute to many of my pages. My most popular organic pages involve transportation routes such as from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo: Cocotours » Punta Cana to Santo Domingo.

Am I correct in believing that it would be appropriate to apply the Place attribute to both 1) Punta Cana and 2) Santo Domingo, on the page mentioned above?

Or might there be more appropriate schema attributes which could be applied to my webpages?

Would be very grateful for your input and suggestions.

Steve

Last edited:
This is far from a complete answer but an important concept:

Structured data should describe the content of the page. If the page talks about a place, use Place markup. If it talks about a person from that place, use both the Person and Place markup. Etc.

(In your case, you might want to consider using TouristDestination.)

If you're writing your structured data and you're tempted to markup something that's not in the content of the page, you've just discovered a gap! Add it to the content and to the schema.

To quote this Google support doc: "The structured data on the page should describe the content of that page."

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom