More threads by Chris Ratchford

Chris Ratchford

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
I potential client has signed up for Yext's PowerListings Complete package. While I've read a lot about Yext, I haven't had any experience with their product.

I did log into the client's dashboard and poked around. My main concern is if client's NAP is incorrect and they've already setup their Yext account. Do you know if it's possible to fix any NAP problems? Does Yext only claim listings, or can you go back and make bulk changes to local listings?

NAP is always a big concern when it comes to dentists, especially with a branded practice name that's different than the doctor's name.

So far, the clients of mine who've used Yext have had good results. My experience so far has been that it's a helpful service, but you still need to do some citations work - at least on the sites it doesn't reach. It's not for every situation, obviously, but so far I'd give it a thumbs-up.

My main concern is if client's NAP is incorrect and they've already setup their Yext account. Do you know if it's possible to fix any NAP problems? Does Yext only claim listings, or can you go back and make bulk changes to local listings?

Hi,

I know this thread is a little old, but I wanted to clarify some things for other readers.

1. Do you know if it's possible to fix any NAP problems?

It depends what the 'problems' are.

In the Yext dashboard you set up the location data (name/address/phone + categories) as well as description and link, etc. After that they give you the chance to choose which listing should be synced (especially helpful with duplicates, so you can choose the 'right' one, for example... the one with reviews on it.)

Once the listing is synced, if it had wrong NAP, it will be updated to the data you entered into the dashboard.

2. Does Yext only claim listings?

The Yext process does not claim listing, but rather it puts of sort of 'lock' on the data so that it is not changed by other sources. It becomes somewhat the 'authoritative' source of data for that listing.

There is the odd occasion where Yext can not sync a listing, especially if it is from a paid advertiser network or is 'controlled' by another source that already has it claimed somehow.

3. Can you go back and make bulk changes to local listings?

You should be able to edit the NAP info in your dashboard and it will update the listings as well.

Russ

We are moving 20 clients away from Yext. We have found a couple things that have led us to make this choice.

1. Continued issues with Yext not completing profiles as well as finding errors
2. In our specific industry of orthodontics we have found it more effective to choose our own list of sites and manage them ourselves.
3. Creating additional profiles on sites when one is already present.
4. They originally offered to help with NAP removal and fix, but have failed to address things.

I think it can be good for some general industries, but we feel that the cost of service and what is offered does fit our model.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom