More threads by keyserholiday

keyserholiday

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
I have been reporting and removing unclaimed practitioner GBPs for the past month. I can search any market and find one to two unclaimed GBPs ranking in the map pack. Today I set my IP to Phoenix, and all three business profiles in the map pack are unclaimed. The two without a website are at the same address. The one with a website listed has one review from eight years ago. When I expanded the local finder, I found ten unclaimed business profiles. I was able to remove nine of them.

Whatever Google did, needs to be corrected, as this is bad from a user perspective. I know that GBP and search don't communicate, but something needs to be done here.

published edits.jpg

Bad Local Finder Results.jpg

chiropractor-Google-Search (15).jpg

chiropractor-Google-Search (14).jpg

chiropractor-Google-Search (13).jpg

unclaimed practitioner business profiles.jpg

Solution
If they moved, the address should just be updated - not deleted. Google has always seemed to have a bit of a preference for practitioner listings. I haven't seen this for any healthcare keywords yet but will keep an eye out.
Every single one is a non-practicing doctor?

Nicole and Mark were affiliated with AFC Physical Medicine & Chiropractic. They changed their address and are no longer located at 2 N Central. Google is scrapping old and outdated data and publishing it. Each one I looked up doesn't appear to be affiliated with any chiropractic clinic. Either Google recently pushed out these unclaimed business profiles, or the local filter is too loose and needs to be corrected. Regardless, these are bad results.

If they moved, the address should just be updated - not deleted. Google has always seemed to have a bit of a preference for practitioner listings. I haven't seen this for any healthcare keywords yet but will keep an eye out.

Solution

My example of the location moving was about how business they were associated with moved. I can't find where these practitioners move to or who they are now affiliated with. The examples I posted are the name, address, and phone number. No hours or websites are attached to them. This is a bad user experience and is bad for legitimate businesses. Every city I go into is like this. It's impacting physical therapists too.

screencapture-google-search-2023-05-28-10_31_28 (1).jpg

In one week, I removed 623 unclaimed business profiles. There is no way, I am not going to hunt them all down to figure out if they moved or need to be marked as permanently closed. What I do know is these GBPs are hurting legitimate businesses and these GBPs are bad from a search perspective. Google needs to address this.

In one week, I removed 623 unclaimed business profiles. There is no way, I am not going to hunt them all down to figure out if they moved or need to be marked as permanently closed. What I do know is these GBPs are hurting legitimate businesses and these GBPs are bad from a search perspective. Google needs to address this.

Wow, that's a huge effort. Thank you cleaning that up.

Frankly speaking, I'm considering changing the business name because of the weight of the name on rankings. It's very expensive if I don't unfortunate. Hope G finally does something about GBP spam

I had 564 published edits over the weekend and have 809 pending edits. 99% were these business profiles in the medical space that were unclaimed. The rest were claimed and dormant, had keyword stuffing, or were unrelated to this.

I had 564 published edits over the weekend and have 809 pending edits. 99% were these business profiles in the medical space that were unclaimed. The rest were claimed and dormant, had keyword stuffing, or were unrelated to this.

That's a lot of tough repetitive work. You must have great focus !

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom