Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing Justin!

And thanks for sharing at the Pro community Michael!

Please feel free to add more info or tell us about it. I'm sure members would like to know more.

mborgelt

Reaction score
It's basically JSON made very, very easy. Our team came across issues with trying to get the format right when first implementing JSON for basic NAP info so we figured we would make a tool to make this stuff easy. Just enter the business info into the forms and it will spit the correct code out for you. I'm happy to answer any questions about it!

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm happy to say that I just used this for a couple of websites and it works like a charm. Thank you! :)

The only problem I had was with one of the sites I used a rather long description and couldn't see the bottom of the script - and there is no scroll bar to help if that happens.

I assume the finished script goes in the <head> </head> section?

Added: Yes it does. Just double checked. :)

mborgelt

Reaction score
Great, glad its working for you. Wordpress plugin coming out either tomorrow or the next day, just testing now.

Dr GMap

Reaction score
Is there a Wordpress plugin with JSON that is recommended to use for Schema? I have a free version WP plugin I've been using that seems to work fine. It's all verified with the Developers tool...not sure if one is better than the other? But the one I'm using doesn't use JSON markup I believe??

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there a Wordpress plugin with JSON that is recommended to use for Schema? I have a free version WP plugin I've been using that seems to work fine. It's all verified with the Developers tool...not sure if one is better than the other? But the one I'm using doesn't use JSON markup I believe??

To be honest, I don't know that it needs to be JSON to do the job.

I have used different WordPress plugins for this purpose on various sites - not sure there is a real advantage of one or the other - the latest are:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/51blocks-json-schema/ but note that WordPress plugin this has not been updated for 7 months and is not certified for the latest WordPress version.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/business-profile/

More here: https://www.google.com/search?q=wordpress+schema+plugins

Reaction score
I majored in programming back when I thought I wanted to do something else with my life, so admittedly I have no idea what non-coders think of when they look at schema instructions... but... 'in a pinch' sounds a little extreme to me. This tool looks awesome for time savings, but am I the only one that thought that JSON-LD was super approachable, and even way less of a pain in the butt than micro data? The only thing that tripped me up was the brackets for multiple groups of store hours, and even that was pretty quickly answered wherever it was I was looking... either way, $165 for a shortcut instead of doing 20 minutes of work figuring out JSON semantics for the first time sounds intense.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Greg Bernhardt GSC live test blocked resources with "Other Error" label Organic SEO 2
Adam Humphreys GMB Multiple Business at Location Blocks Edits Moving or Name Changes 3
Scott ClientClicks Tool to block malicious GMB community edits? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Thompsonpaul Access to account blocked due to "network sharing device/proxy". Contact Us Messages 1
djbaxter Testing a new addon to block Contact Form spam Admin Stuff 7
Stefan Somborac Brand Account has been blocked? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
J Blocked Resources on Google Search Console Local Search 3
P Broadband provider blocks wordpress site: Effect on SEO / local search? Local Search 2
S Voice Readiness Test for businesses - New tool on the block! Local Search 1
djbaxter Tracking Protection: What exactly does it block? Google Analytics? Organic SEO 0
mborgelt Google Analytics Referral Spam Blocking Tool Local SEO Tools & Software 3
djbaxter Google Analytics reports for iOS 9 Ad Blocking Marketing 0
Linda Buquet Warning: Google Blocks Thousands Of WordPress Sites - Malware Attack - Check Clients Websites, Software, and Security 2
V Robot.txt Googlebot Is Blocked From Home Page Organic SEO 3
K Correct use of schema Google My Business & Google Maps 2
DaveOzric Schema markup no longer working? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Review Schema Mark up and Google My Business Reviews Local Search 4
R Schema markup and dynamic tracking numbers Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Toby 39 Celsius Video Schema Ques: Embed URL vs Content URL Local Search 0
Charles Jenkins SCHEMA For local business with address hidden? Local Search 1
RattlingTram Best Practices for areaServed Schema Markup? Help & Support for Google Local 5
Barb Davids GMB Listing vs Local Schema Google My Business & Google Maps 8
S What is a relevant Language markup for LocalBusiness Schema Local Search 3
djbaxter Webinar Schema Markup with Martha van Berkel, Wednesday, July 8th, 8am PT/11am ET Events 0
hajnasiewicz WP Schema Plugin Local SEO Tools & Software 6
hajnasiewicz Schema markup competitive analysis Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Michael S. Doran Schema for NAP in 2020 Websites, Software, and Security 6
P Schema Markup - SameAs - Using these for citations for branches Citations 14
L LocalBusiness Schema For 5 Different Location Pages Multi-Location Issues 3
Shelly LodgingBusiness or Product / Accommodations schema for rental homes on a vacation rental agency website Local Search 1
djbaxter How to Add a COVID-19 Announcement to Your Website with Schema Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
P Can you recommend a person or company to create Schema? Local Search 6
djbaxter Another option? Update your cancelled or postponed events with Schema Google My Business & Google Maps 0
djbaxter New schema properties for virtual, postponed, and canceled events Google My Business & Google Maps 0
T Has anyone had success reporting schema spam to google? Spam on Google 5
K Schema Markup for Betting/Gambling sites Recycle Bin 0
A WP - Schema Pro. Can it hurt my site? Organic SEO 7
D Schema Markup for Betting/Gambling sites Recycle Bin 0
G Reviews markup showing in serps for LocalBusiness schema markup? What's going on Local Reviews 7
JoyHawkins Google's New Announcement About Review Schema Google News: Important Changes & Features 91
JoshuaMackens Schema Reviews Markup Question Local Search 15
H Schema Markup for Betting/Gambling sites Organic SEO 1
Rich Owings Menu schema not getting picked up by Google Google My Business & Google Maps 21
L Schema and rankings Organic SEO 17
M Schema property "mentions" and its usage for references Organic SEO 6
mikepetersonwi Schema and multiple locations Multi-Location Issues 3
mikepetersonwi Multi Location Schema Multi-Location Issues 5
S Would it be appropriate to apply the schema attribute Trip to my site? Multi-Location Issues 2
Jo Shaer Blog post Schema - mainEntityOfPage Local Search 0
Jo Shaer Areaserved Schema - English counties/US states? Local Search 2