mploy

Reaction score
We created the accounts on all main data aggregators without any problems.
But acxiom requires all legal papers - federal tax id, etc.

The problems my clients online brand and his real company name is a bit different(sure it's case with lots of small local businesses).
Example : Maximum Roofing - online brand(it's just sample)
But name according to the papers - John's Professional Services LLC(also sample name)

Any way to by pass it? Sure he won't be opening new company(or doing DBA) just to get accepted to acxiom.

acxiom.png

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Sure he won't be opening new company(or doing DBA) just to get accepted to acxiom.

Well if it's not the actual business name, then it will be a problem with Google too and that's the main one you need to worry about. Google is all-seeing and all-knowing. She looks at business licenses and all kinds of things. Even signage if any and how the phone is answered.

The business name on Google needs to be the REAL business name. Then all citations need to match.

So if you do the real name on Google, then you won't have the problem with Acxiom. :)

whitespark

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Good news. Most (maybe all?) of the business registries at the secretary of state websites will provide a mechanism to register an "assumed name", otherwise known as a Doing Business As (DBA) name. Here's the page that has the application form for Tennessee: Tennessee Department of State: Business Services

Search this. https://www.google.com/search?q=tennessee+secretary+of+state+"assumed+name", but replace Tennessee with your state. It's only $20 to register, and then you can submit this to Acxiom. Plus, then you'll be "legit".

Another pro tip comes courtesy of the brilliant Phil Rozek. To speed up the process, just take photos of the documents with your cell phone and send those into Acxiom. Easier than scanning. If you have an iPhone, check this out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tinyscan-pro-pdf-scanner-to/id556500145?mt=8

Hope this helps.

johncrenshaw

Reaction score
Have them file a DBA. It's like $50 and takes about 2 minutes to fill out the form.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Acxiom's Directory will close at the end of the year Citations 8
Scott ClientClicks MozLocal - How long for Acxiom and Localeze? Local Search 1
G Issues Removing Acxiom Listings Help & Support for Google Local 0
D Acxiom Number Wrong Local Search 4
Dustybones 60 Minutes segment on Acxiom Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 5
RobinOctane Listings IP Address Already in Use (Acxiom) Citations 13
K Acxiom error: IP address is being used by another user. Citations 3
I Acxiom - Down for 2 weeks Citations 15
CraigJMount Google Updated Its Internal Document on Ranking Local Search 8
A PO Boxes on Business Documents Citations 1
djbaxter Google: New Structured Data Testing Tool and Improved Documentation Local SEO Tools & Software 9
R Wordpress - Embeded PDF document Local Search 1
iwebresults Advance Verification Stalled Question Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
abbiebeltran GMB Verification Postcard Update - What Does 2021 Postcard Look Like? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
T GMB Getting suspended after verification. Help & Support for Google Local 4
haileym "Scroll to bottom to confirm" message showing up while waiting for postcard - Verification Question Google My Business & Google Maps 4
BenFisher PSA: GMB Not Showing Address Form on Verification - BUG Google My Business & Google Maps 3
krystaltaing Google My Business Bulk Verification Limit Reached? Multi-Location Issues 0
hajnasiewicz GMB Postcard Delays in Verification All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
AdvoAd Problem with verification Google My Business & Google Maps 2
jpayne7 Business Moved Before GMB Verification (Postcard is Being Sent to Old Location) Moving or Name Changes 7
Hammer Can't enter verification code due to error "To verify your listing, update your business info" All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
liorenda Bulk Account Asking for Postcard Verification Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Gordon.Ligon SAB stuck in Pending after successful Post Card Verification 2+ months ago Service Area Businesses 2
N Verification of GMB account Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Google My Business has been 5 months, no verification code has been received Help & Support for Google Local 3
Greg Bernhardt Bulk verification help, locations in group, no Chain option Multi-Location Issues 1
Y GMB Verification Code by Post Card Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Will adding a secondary category that requires a physical location trigger re-verification for main service based category? Local Search 1
NickB-Tampa Listings at single location getting suspended immediately after entering verification codes Google My Business & Google Maps 5
P GMB bulk verification form not available? Multi-Location Issues 3
L Issues With Bulk Verification for Enterprise Organization Multi-Location Issues 1
Hammer No longer getting any verification options but postcard since covid All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
DanielTexasLira GMB Verification code is taking forever to arrive. Waiting over 2 months Google My Business & Google Maps 2
PaulSteinbrueck Apple Maps requiring verification every login? Local Search 3
Chaddow Verification methods in certain countries Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Toby 39 Celsius Time to receive GMB verification postcard? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
amandavantreuren Multiple Verifications needed for Delivery-Only Restaurants that Operate out of cloud kitchens Multi-Location Issues 3
TomGuard Local Ranking Better in Proximity to Verification Address Service Area Businesses 5
E GMB Verifications Recycle Bin 0
TriciaClements Verification Issues Google My Business & Google Maps 18
Jen Currier Post Card Verification for Businesses effected by Covid-19 Help & Support for Google Local 1
B Google Verification Process Owns Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A Video Verification - Running Through Hoops :( Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Oliver Keates I am not receiving GMB verification postcards Google My Business & Google Maps 2
LisaB Gmail Phone Verification Goes to Landline Google My Business & Google Maps 0
H Change GMB Verification from Postcard to Phone Local Search 8
R Verification code for my business account Contact Us Messages 1
onebox220722 Buk Verification Problem ( Organization Account) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Scott Rawlins Issues with Apple Maps Phone Verification Local Search 16