More threads by Matt Chauhan

Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
We have several clients who are eligible for this feature. I turned on their chat, but I don't see any option to turn on email quote requests. According to the Sterling Sky article, I don't see "To turn on this feature, go to the “Settings” tab and select “Messages.” Then, toggle on the option for “Email quote requests.” anywhere in the GBP settings. Am I missing something here?

How do you know they are eligible for this feature? it is category dependent so it may not be available for the category they are in.

As far as I know there is no way to actually add/turn on this button because it is automatically added for businesses that have messaging turned on. I believe if you are consistent with answering messages in a timely fashion and are in an eligible category (which HVAC is) then one day Google may go ahead and add the button for you.

The article explains how to turn on email notifications for when a user submits a request for a quote. What I suggest doing is turning on chat AND turning on the "email quote request" feature so Google knows you want the request a quote button - but you will have to monitor the listing to see if/when it shows up.

(I will update the article to make it more clear)

also tagging @AaronWeiche and @krystaltaing in case they know more about this!

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for your input. I don't see any option to turn on the "email quote request" in the GBP. Can you send a screenshot to explain where I could find this button?

Thanks for your input. I don't see any option to turn on the "email quote request" in the GBP. Can you send a screenshot to explain where I could find this button?
Follow these steps, attached screenshots, to access the Notiifcations settings in the profile.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.52.00 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.52.37 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.53.16 AM.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom