KymM

Reaction score
Hi, I've ran into a bit of a weird problem and was hoping someone had some insight as to why. All of the GMB posts on one of our client's profiles were suddenly rejected. We had just posted a new post, which was rejected, as were all of the old posts in the account. There was nothing against the rules in the post, and even if it violated the rules somehow, why would all of our posts be suddenly rejected? My concern is that there is something deeper going on with our listing, but it's live and looks fine at the moment. Has anyone encountered something similar?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@KymM, I've never encountered that problem before, so I don't have an answer offhand, but it's an interesting troubleshooting situation

1. Were the posts removed only from search, or from search and from the GMB dashboard?

2. Were the posts created in a Google account that's used only for those locations of that business, or is there other stuff in the bucket?

3. What happens if a GMB admin who uses a different Google account tries to publish a new post on one of the affected pages?

KymM

Reaction score
@KymM, I've never encountered that problem before, so I don't have an answer offhand, but it's an interesting troubleshooting situation

1. Were the posts removed only from search, or from search and from the GMB dashboard?

2. Were the posts created in a Google account that's used only for those locations of that business, or is there other stuff in the bucket?

3. What happens if a GMB admin who uses a different Google account tries to publish a new post on one of the affected pages?

1. Both. In the dashboard, they show a blank picture and a rejected badge, and they don't show in search at all.

2. The google account manages many different businesses, but this is the only one affected.

3. Interestingly, the same account was able to create a post a few hours later on the affected listing and it went through just fine. The rest are still rejected though.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@KymM, in that case, what I'd do is try publishing a new post that is exactly the same as one of the old, now-rejected posts. You'd post it on the same page, but through a different Google account (as a different manager/admin). The idea is to figure out whether it's a problem with the account or with the content of the post(s).

Reaction score
I have seen 2 instances (different accounts) of all posts in an account being retroactively rejected (were live for months, now marked rejected). Anyone else seeing activity like this?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@Patricia Ptacek, yes, in this thread:

(If the issue isn't that those posts included a phone number, then it's a troubleshooting matter.)

Reaction score
I did see that thread - but these had no phone numbers or urls. We were also able to create a new post with just text and get that live and then add a picture and have that go live as well. I assumed it was a one off bug until it was mentioned by another SEO in another forum (same issue).

KymM

Reaction score
New developments: We realized that the date on all of the photos we've uploaded have been reset to around the time all of the posts were rejected. We also had this issue on another account: all of the posts were rejected yesterday and the date on all of the photos now says "1d" even though some of them are years old. It appears something is going on here but I can't figure out what or what triggered it.

The new listing with this issue didn't have a phone number or URL in any of the rejected posts so it appears that's not actually the cause.

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a maps ranking drop after their posts were rejected?

_

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Rejected posts have been restored on all the accounts that I have checked this morning. Anyone else?

dfranklin

Reaction score
I have a listing that has had posts back to 2018 to now that have had many rejected out of the blue for no rhyme or reason. They have had the products feature for many months now with products posted. So I can't figure out why at this point. :(

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
rich_marlatt Sharing Medical Patient UGC on GMB Post Google My Business & Google Maps 0
RobertCarnitas Google Posts Live on GMB, But Not Showing in GMB Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Nikki Stine GMB for Gun Shop pulls in 'FFL Transfer Fee' pricing from a Facebook Post. Is this normal? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
V GMB Post / Covid Local Search 4
Hannah Brown GMB posts not available Google My Business & Google Maps 2
H Is there any way to refresh/Renew a GMB Covid post Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Y GMB Verification Code by Post Card Google My Business & Google Maps 3
R Free GMB Posting Tool: Postamatic by TwoOctobers.Com Google My Business & Google Maps 0
starter_70 Are GMB posts not showing on SERP or Maps page? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Will posting too often negatively impact GMB ranking? Local Search 6
j_holtslander What triggered Google here? Thoughts? (GMB Post) Help & Support for Google Local 3
C Help: new owner for biz, former employee created GMB, posting offensive photos and won't relinquish Help & Support for Google Local 12
S Is there a way to get an RSS feed of GMB posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ann Ross Posts in GMB not displaying directly Google My Business & Google Maps 2
sixthcitysarah New GMB post type - COVID-19 Support? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
CarrieHill dbaPlatform Offering GMB Post Scheduling Tool for Free during COVID-19 Google My Business & Google Maps 0
S Covid 19 GMB Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S Google just changed their rules for GMB posts: If you are a chain, you can now mass post to all your GMB locations using a GMB post scheduling tool Google My Business & Google Maps 6
M COVID-19 GMB Post Type Local Search 4
Jurant Dika GMB Posts with GIF Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H Regarding Posting on GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 5
ChristianRdz GMB Posts Rejected Google My Business & Google Maps 5
V Google My Business script using GMB API - auto replies, question notifications, post scheduling Local SEO Tools & Software 0
H Merging a duplicate GMB - what happens to the posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
KevinDoory Are GMB Posts no longer editable? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
kathleen.rhodes Does anyone have experience with eClincher for posting to GMB (and social sites)? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
Barb Davids GMB Image Filenames + Post Text Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ryan Steinolfson GMB Forum Notification: Failed to post. Content violates Community Policy. Google My Business & Google Maps 4
AndySimpson GMB Posts - Regular or Event Post Dilemma Question Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Ellen Sanity Check - GMB Posts Appearance Google Maps Help & Support for Google Local 1
E GMB Posts - Promotional Offers Help & Support for Google Local 2
AndySimpson Check your GMB Dashboard and check your competitors posts...any spam? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
JD Milburn GMB posts Local Search 2
E About primary categories triggering "restricted GMB posting" Local Content 9
AndySimpson How to upload Google's FREE Google My Business review video as a GMB post - Part 2 Google My Business & Google Maps 0
AndySimpson How to upload Google's FREE Google My Business review video as a GMB post - Part 1 Google My Business & Google Maps 12
S Duplicate content penalty for using the same GMB posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 19
Jo Shaer Auto publishing from Wordpress blog to GMB post Google My Business & Google Maps 5
N GMB Q&A's only populating a few of the Q&A's that the business has posted NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 13
S Has anyone seen improved rankings from doing GMB posts consistently? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
WAHamilton Can't verify GmB page or post on GmB forum about it... Help & Support for Google Local 2
keyserholiday GMB Posts expirations Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins Are GMB Posts Still Working For You? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
djbaxter How do you delete or edit a GMB post? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Digitaldar Internal Error Today GMB Posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Jo Shaer Can a communications manager add Google posts to GMB listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Oliver Keates Leads for my business from GMB posts Google My Business & Google Maps 15
Sheila Hensley GMB Post's Follow Option Google News: Important Changes & Features 2
Josh Gill New Wordpress Plugin to Manage GMB Posts Google My Business & Google Maps 12
CraigJMount GMB Posts UTM Codes Google My Business & Google Maps 6