More threads by AndiFox

Reaction score
I'm at a loss.
Over the last year, GMBs I'm creating are being flagged within minutes after adding the number from the postcard.
I've written to the Twitter team and asking for a review. Either I don't hear back or, I get denied again.
Two are home offices.
What steps can I take to get home offices verified without getting flagged? Home offices have become just about necessary for some people to continue business and not expose themselves to Covid.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Are those GMB pages for multi-location businesses? As in you've got other GMB pages for other locations of those businesses (presumably in the same Google account)?

If so, have you been using a different Google account to verify some of those locations, whereas other GMB pages were verified in another account?

Are those GMB pages for multi-location businesses? As in you've got other GMB pages for other locations of those businesses (presumably in the same Google account)?

If so, have you been using a different Google account to verify some of those locations, whereas other GMB pages were verified in another account?
No. I don't have any businesses with more than one location.
I try to keep all my client accounts under one account.
Do you think that is causing an issue?

Possibly.

I'd suggest having your clients verify those pages in your account. Ideally, you start fresh, in that they also create the GMB pages, initiate the owner-verification, and go in and verify those pages once the postcard shows up.

In general, your clients' pages should verified by them, in an account they control. It's short-term a hassle, but the alternatives are worse.

Hey Andi,

Twitter support isn't currently up and running so if you want to contact GMB support you can do so here:

If you work at an agency, I don't suggest creating listings in your agency account at volume (if you're doing more than 5 a month). I would have the client set up a Google account and walk them through how to create it there. It's more pain in the beginning, like Phil said, but will help you avoid listings getting suspended.

@AndiFox I only make one edit at a time, save it and wait for it to go out of pending mode before making any other edits. Oftentimes you can refresh the page after a few seconds and it will have gone out of pending. This should reduce the chances of a suspension.

I do want to add that this actually may be working like it is supposed to. Putting listings into a pending state is one measure to manually review listings that could be spam. What industry are your clients in?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom