More threads by Mike Wilton

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many folks deal with the medical community here on the forums, but I thought I would start a discussion anyway, just in case. I've always used Avvo as a citation source for doctors and lawyers that I work with, however recently Avvo dropped medical support and is now solely for the legal space. In place of Avvo for medical professionals they have created a medical community called HealthTap, which from what I can tell is a general medical community similar to RealSelf, which is more focused on cosmetic medical procedures. My question is, have any of you had doctors use the new site? I'd love to know your thoughts.

From what I can tell NONE of the existing doctor profiles are indexed, which has me a little concerned about how well this is going to be as a citation source moving forward and if it will even be worth the doctors' time.

Hey Mike, thanks so much for sharing this.

Here's the link: HealthTap

Since I'm into medical and Dental and if I was still working on clients this is where I'd be focused, I'm very interested in watching this develop. And I know many of the consultants here focus on Medical Dental, so this should be of interest. The profile indexing is a concern but maybe that will change.

Anxious to check it out but right now all my focus is on waiting for the launch of Google+ Communities.
So excited! Talk about the mother of all communities! Now anyone can launch one.

LAUNCHING: Google+ Communities - This will be HOT for Local!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom