More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
What might be the best methods I can try to include a video clip in the SERP's listing please?

Not sure of the SEO components, or if embedding the video more works, but the 1st step would to make sure that the video has clear content since Google knows what is being said in it.

I have been seeing listings with video clips so there has to be a way to do it I am thinking,

I have been seeing listings with video clips so there has to be a way to do it I am thinking,
When you say "listings" are you referring to a regular SERP result, or are you talking about something on the map?

If it's the SERP, then it has to do with Content and optimizing the video for placement. Check this out for example:
Search google for "how to make a backup at siteground" (you don't need quotes).

The first result is a rich snippet from SiteGround and then a few more results from them, but then you see a video. Guess who made that video ;)

You'll notice that the video is broken out into "chapters" and timestamps allowing a user to get from one thing to another without having to watch the whole thing. After that, there are 3 more videos that would be useful, but because my search matches the video closely, I get the spot for the video position.

Then there's text in the description of the video, similar tags etc that help there too. While I have embedded the video on the site also, I never did do any of the extra schema markup for the video. The stuff done on the youtube video works perfectly fine. But you'll notice that the last result on the Organic Listing is from the makeabackup website, and the video is on that page.

SO showing up on video results really just has to do with the wording, the chapter break points, and then traffic to the video itself. The more views, the more prominent the placing - and for some reason, our 2 minute video outranks SiteGrounds video :)

When you say "listings" are you referring to a regular SERP result, or are you talking about something on the map?
Sorry for the late response. I am referring to the SERP results. It's usually a miniature video snippet located under the title in the regular listings and not under the "Videos" section in the middle of the page as in your example, I will try to find one again on the net and post a link.

Sorry for the late response. I am referring to the SERP results. It's usually a miniature video snippet located under the title in the regular listings and not under the "Videos" section in the middle of the page as in your example, I will try to find one again on the net and post a link.
No worries, yeah, that's what I thought you had meant. The video for "how to make a backup at siteground" will show you the small view in SERP and the jump points that I made. It's all just about the content, the tags, title, and then views. Get enough of that combination, and you get the featured video in the SERP

It's all just about the content, the tags, title, and then views. Get enough of that combination, and you get the featured video in the SERP
Well, since all of what's mentioned is what everyone does anyway and if this was a common thing in the listings then I would say different but since it's rare that we see this snippet, I have a feeling it's got to be something very specific which is done or what Google sees for them to include the snippet in the listing.

The only thing extra that I can think of is that the videos are usually triggered with a "how to" or "how do I" search. I can't recall getting a video embedded in SERPS unless it was a "how to" type search. I've had videos in the past rank where they were only on YouTube, not iframed on a page, so that wasn't a factor either. Just content on the video itself.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom