More threads by Patricia Ptacek

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone successfully bulk verified a GMB account where the locations are using different versions of the business name? For a franchise, they are using [Business Name] of [Location] for each of their locations. The bulk verifications I have done have all had the same name per location and I am wondering if I will run into issues here. Thanks!

I successfully bulk verified an account where the listings had similar but different names. I think what's more important for Google is that the website domain across all the listings being verified is the same. Although I believe there are exceptions to that rule as well.

In my experience, it truly depends on who the request ends up with and how familiar they are with bulk verification.

In addition to consistent domain URLs that Colin suggested, something that helps is seeing all locations with their corresponding unique names on that domain. I've had success with this for apartment communities for example where the names are completely different and don't even include the brand in the name. This does require some "direction" with the bulk verification team though.

Based on the info above, just be cautious of names that are outside of guidelines. So for example, "Store Name of San Diego" will likely not get approved because that's considered a location modifier.

If you need additional guidance feel free to let us know!

In my experience, it truly depends on who the request ends up with and how familiar they are with bulk verification.

In addition to consistent domain URLs that Colin suggested, something that helps is seeing all locations with their corresponding unique names on that domain. I've had success with this for apartment communities for example where the names are completely different and don't even include the brand in the name. This does require some "direction" with the bulk verification team though.

Based on the info above, just be cautious of names that are outside of guidelines. So for example, "Store Name of San Diego" will likely not get approved because that's considered a location modifier.

If you need additional guidance feel free to let us know!
Thanks! We are working with them to make sure the website is accurate as well for the "location modifier" issue. Have you ever been able to do a bulk verification through domestic twitter support - just by asking :) ?

You do have to start through the traditional bulk verification process and wait for their response. If you have issues or they provide feedback that you have questions about then you can raise that to the social team.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom