More threads by GoogleMapsIsFun

Reaction score
Hello,

I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a serious issue affecting our Google Business Profile. Our business has been operating successfully with a 4.9-star rating based on 160 reviews, and we have also been using local service ads for over 2-3 years.

About a month ago, our Google Maps pin was changed without our consent, resulting in our business being unverified. This unauthorized change has significantly reduced our lead generation. After investigating, we found that a competitor may be targeting our business as well as others in our local area. To this day, there are competitors whose pins have yet to be returned, and continuously are moved around. I was able to move our pin back using "Suggest an Edit", and submitted a verification two times.

This morning, I woke up to our Business Profile being suspended with the reason given as "Deceptive content." We have reviewed Google's policies on misrepresentation, misinformation, impersonation, and false engagement, and we can confidently state that we have never engaged in any such activities. We are at a loss as to why this suspension has occurred, especially considering the continous issues started after our pin was moved around without our consent.

We have already submitted an appeal, but we are seeking further assistance or guidance to resolve this matter as quickly as possible. The suspension of our profile is having a severe impact on our business operations and our ability to serve our clients.

The only thing you can do at this point is submit the appeal (which you did) and hope Google is able to reinstate the listing soon. If the appeal is denied, there are other avenues you can take but submitting via the appeal tool and waiting is your only current option.

Unfortunately, any edit can trigger a suspension. Please note GBP is taking over 2 weeks to review the first appeals

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom