More threads by HoosierBuff

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm kind of curious to see what people think about text inside of revolution slider? I'm not 100% sure that Google can read the text that is in there, and wondering if I should repeat the text outside of the slider image.

I'm wondering that even if it is readable, should I have a stronger H1 outside of the slider just to reinforce that text.

CarrieHill

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
If you can share the URL i can investigate whether or not the content is visible to Google. I cant think of a client site off the top of my head that uses Revolution Slider - so I cant check one of ours.

CarrieHill

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
So I just looked at the code and the text actually shows up as TEXT on the code - not just as a layer in an image - so Google can see this. I wouldn't worry about repeating it on the page.

As far as the H1 - I think H1 elements inside images get lost to the user. Google sees it fine, but it doesn't reinforce the content/page topic to the user. In an ideal situation, I'd eliminate the <h1> in the slider if possible and put it at the top of your text area instead.
8bc5f0dc463853ac741780782b7b1838.png

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

QRCode

QR Code
Top Bottom