More threads by Kasey R.

Kasey R.

Reaction score
Our client is a hospital and recently rebranded their name from hospital to medical center. After the name change, the "H" icon that was on Google Maps is no longer showing for their location. The location is optimized on GBP and the category is set to hosptial.

Is there a way to adjust the icon on Maps/suggest an edit for it to be re-added?

These are called places labels, and not all businesses are able to retain these labels permanently. Read more about them here How to Get a Places Label on Google Maps

That said, I do not think the H is related to "hospital vs medical center" in the name. I was able to trigger a medical center and professional center that both have the H on their pins. The only categories for both are "medical center".

Have you tried zooming in and out on the map to see if the H triggers? I found depending on the zoom, the H disappears and reappears.

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 2.30.34 PM.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom