More threads by coppaz

coppaz

Reaction score
I own a business that currently doesn't have a GBP. The website has been up for 9 months and we've done nothing regarding citations. Would it be better to launch the GBP first before we use a service like BrightLocal or WhiteSpark to build the citations, or via vera and why? Also how do I find out how many citations my competition have?

Solution
Citations first! Especially the important ones you should create yourself:
- Facebook
- BBB
- LinkedIn company page
- Bing
- Apple

If you do this, and also connect your website to search console and google analytics, then use that same SC and GA account to verify the GBP, you will have a higher likelihood of bypassing video verification and getting email, phone, text, or sometimes even INSTANT verification.
- Facebook
- BBB
- LinkedIn company page
- Bing
- Apple

If you do this, and also connect your website to search console and google analytics, then use that same SC and GA account to verify the GBP, you will have a higher likelihood of bypassing video verification and getting email, phone, text, or sometimes even INSTANT verification.

Solution
Sorry for all of the elementary questions but I do have one more. I have a Gmail account that I have used for other GBP’s, other businesses. When setting up a brand new profile, is it best to have that new profile with its own Gmail account or is it OK to set up that new profile with my existing Gmail account?

Sorry for all of the elementary questions but I do have one more. I have a Gmail account that I have used for other GBP’s, other businesses. When setting up a brand new profile, is it best to have that new profile with its own Gmail account or is it OK to set up that new profile with my existing Gmail account?

How to create a company page: Create a LinkedIn Page – Join the World's Professional Community | LinkedIn Marketing Solutions

It’s ok to use the same gmail account t

It appears that Bing isn't allowing postcard verification and says to check back in 7-10 days. If I followed your guidance above regarding setting up - Facebook - BBB - LinkedIn company page - Bing - Apple, what would you say the percentage chance that they would verify without needing a video? Also that and where do you go for the Apple profile?

I've been watching a lot of your videos, esp. the How to get instant GBP verification. This website has been connected to Google Console for many months and I set up the Google Analytics just now. All this using an gmail account I've had for 12 years. Said account is also connected to a very old youtube account.

Could you explain what you mean by, "use that same SC and GA account to verify the GBP"?

Also, do I need to be sitting in the physical location of the address where the GBP is located when I create the GBP or can I do that from my home? (I've heard Google looks at your IP or the location that you are in when you are setting up the profile?)

Hello!

I wouldn't worry about Bing or Apple, actually. Google doesn't crawl those and doesn't consider them "citations". I shouldn't have included those in my list. But for your reference, here is where you would create/manage your apple listing: Business - Business Connect

Could you explain what you mean by, "use that same SC and GA account to verify the GBP"?

You have a Google account. You use that account to log into Search Console. When you're logged into search console with that account, you see the site that is associated with this GBP. Be logged into this same account when you verify your GBP.

I'm not sure about the physical location question. I have not heard that it's something Google considers, and I wouldn't worry about it. I have verified many GBPs from my home, not from the location of the business.

I may have made a mistake. The google account I used to set up the Google Console is the one I use with a completely different business I own that has a GBP. Can you have more than one business with the same Google account?

I may have made a mistake. The google account I used to set up the Google Console is the one I use with a completely different business I own that has a GBP. Can you have more than one business with the same Google account?

No problem. You can have hundreds of GBPs under one account.

- Facebook
- BBB
- LinkedIn company page
- Bing
- Apple

Hi- I am curious about your thoughts about the Linkedin company page for multiple locations. Should I create a unique page for each location?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

Brightlocal - Local SEO for Good

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom