More threads by brownaddesign

Reaction score
I have a dentist who left a large dental practice to become a partner in another practice.

However when you search his name in Google, his old employer's GMB incorrectly shows.

How can we disassociate him with the former employer, and cause his practice to come up instead?

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.09.54 PM.png

One way to correct this is to make sure Dr Ward has a GMB setup at the new location. Have you done that already?

Keep in mind that you want to setup practitioner GMB's strategically so they don't compete with the main practice listing.

Ah OK no I haven't set up a practitioner GMB yet.

What is the best way to set it up so that it doesn't compete? His new practice has 4 locations, and he splits his time between 2 of them.

The main things to consider for the practitioner GMB's:

1. Use a different primary category than the main practice GMB
  2. Point the GMB landing page to something like the practitioners bio page or a specific service page
Google allows a practitioner to have a GMB for each location they work out of. Just make sure that the GMB hours don't overlap.

OK thanks.

The hours are the same for both locations though. Will that cause problems?

What I meant is that each of his practitioner GMB's should reflect the hours that he is at those locations and try not to have overlap from one location to the next. It's not a major issue, just try to be as accurate as possible.

Ah OK, that makes sense.

Last questions, if they have 8 practitioners between the 4 locations, would you recommend verifying by postcard since it may be a challenge logistically to do phone?

And would you manage them all under a single Gmail address (or would that cause a problem)?

If post card verification simplifies things, definitely go for it. We use the GMB organization/agency account to manage all of the listings that we manage. That's what I recommend as well, especially if you manage a bunch of listings.

But if I was using a regular account I would likely manage them all from one account. The one issue you can run into is an account suspension which can impact all the listings that are managed under that account. But if all the listings are eligible according to Google's guidelines and you're not making any malicious user edits with the accounts then you should be fine.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom