More threads by Igor

Igor

Reaction score
Looking for others' experience with the following:

A client has a Google business.site page which is linked in mobile search results (the Website button next to Call, Directions, Save in the GMB SERP listing).

We've tried to make it go to the regular site, but it doesn't seem to work. Other than nuking the business.site page, any way to force Google to take users to the real website?

We've tried to make it go to the regular site

What do you mean by that? Did you go into the "info" tab inside GMB and change it to the proper website? What happened, and when did you edit it?

@Colan Nielsen I don’t know if I can open this old thread from @Igor back up, but the same thing is happening to me this week. I keep changing the url in the Info tab to a new website and it keeps getting changed back to the GBP business.site. I actually unpublished the GBP website and tried again, but it denied my edit and kept it at the business.site. So now the website button on the GBP causes a 404. So weird. I’m not sure why it won’t change.

It’s a brand new GBP listing and there are no 3rd party apps linked to it.

Check in the GBP website editor. There is a checkbox somewhere for "make Google business site my gbp website" or something like that.

I had this happen to me before...not sure if same cause of problem though

Thanks @cfazio . That was a good idea... I had seen that too and unchecked it. Although every time I look at it again it is rechecked, so I'm not sure that it is sticking.

@Colan Nielsen it took about 3 days and Google Support fixed this issue. That was faster than I expected! The website is now showing correctly in the GBP.

To avoid any confusion, in my support ticket I asked them to change it to the actual website address. I'm thinking to give it a little bit of time before I try to add the UTM parameters to the url just to be safe. :cool:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom