Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
I have a dental client that somehow created a new listing without my knowledge. It was somehow verified as well. Client claims they didn't do it and know nothing about it. By doing this, it rendered the original listing as the dupe and not the new one. New one showing live. I could certainly remove the old one and request a merge, but the original listing (and account) is tied in with the YouTube channel. I'm worried if I remove the original (now considered a dupe), that it will remove the YT channel. Each listing has its own CID, but I would prefer to have the original listing restored since it has been out there for quite some time. Both of these listing are currently in the same account.

Suggestions? If more info is needed, I can certainly do that.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Scott, I would contact GMB support to see if they can untangle/reverse the mess - Sign in - Google Accounts

If that doesn't get you anywhere, I would post at the GMB Forum and send me the link to the post and I will try to get some help.

Thanks

freerunr

Reaction score
@Scott Rawlins
One of my team members recently faced a similar situation with one of our clients. Google brought the reviews over from the listing that was probably the authoritative one (UGC is associated with the CID, I believe). But the photos, posts, etc. from the one we wanted were not brought over (I believe @keyserholiday mentioned in a BL Local Search Clinic in May that those are associated with the account/dashboard ID). I just mention that in case there is some of that content on the main listing that was originally optimized in your case. In our GMB Support thread, my colleague requested getting this content back, but Support basically said, "no."

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Make sure you document everything, especially the dashboard URL. You do want to recover the original one, that will have all the reviews, photos, videos and posts as well as the ranking ability.

Do not allow support to just move over the reviews (which is most likely what they will suggest)

As Colon is stating, contacting support is the easiest way to unravel the mess.

You may want to remove the new listing from the dashboard before contacting support as well.

Again, document the dashboard URL first, and CID before reaching out to support.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E BING - Claiming existing listings causes a DUPE? Citations 3
K Claimed a Listing, Went to 404 Then Dropped 5 Dupes in Dash Google My Business & Google Maps 3
cleverlyengaged Dupe - HVAC Partner Citations (Comprehensive List) Recycle Bin 0
M Main Location listing + Agent listing + Same Address = DUPE? Google Duplicates & Merges 12
M Main Location listing + Agent listing + Same Address = DUPE? Google Duplicates & Merges 12
Linda Buquet Zombie Dupes - How Duplicate Business Listings Multiply and can Hurt You Local Search 2
Chris McCreery Looks like Dupe as Google appended Business name to practitioner listing :( Help & Support for Google Local 23
J Best "choice" to delete dupe listing? Google Duplicates & Merges 3
Jim Froling Best "choice" to delete dupe listing? Google Duplicates & Merges 3
J Do I have a hidden dupe/merged listing? Google Duplicates & Merges 16
Jamie Steigerwald Do I have a hidden dupe/merged listing? Google Duplicates & Merges 16
L Dupe Listing Ranks Higher Google Duplicates & Merges 0
Linda Buquet Dupe Listing Ranks Higher Google Duplicates & Merges 0
RobinOctane Dupe Listing Ranks Higher Recycle Bin 2
JoshuaMackens New Way To Deal With Dupes? Google My Business & Google Maps 18
Linda Buquet DUPE Re: Posting Signage Asking For Reviews Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Dupe Re: GDPR Experts? Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet DUPE Re: Google Maps Platform Announcement email Recycle Bin 0
G Dupe: Same title in GMB but he is ranking alone !!! Recycle Bin 0
J Creating a Dupe G Page In order to delete one with a bad review Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Hamgav Dupe Promo Posts - Re: Google's new posts - scheduling automated posting tool? Recycle Bin 0
G DUPE Looking for an SEO consultant for a Local Construction Company Recycle Bin 0
S Dupe Thread: Potential Legal Citations/Links searchs via Regex Recycle Bin 0
S Dupe Post: Dramatic differences in Google Organic results Recycle Bin 0
JoyHawkins DUPE Post: Looking for an AWESOME Blogger Recycle Bin 0
Margaret Ornsby Dupes in 3 pack again? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
BrendanT DUPE POST Greetings from Down Under! Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Dupe #4 Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet 3rd dupe Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet David Dupe Posts are back. Just 2 in a row. And my email is down too. Recycle Bin 3
L Local Non-Verified Dupe Ranking #1 Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Louis Nava Local Non-Verified Dupe Ranking #1 Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Linda Buquet DAMN DUPES! Re: New Google+ Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet DUPE Re: Hello....... Recycle Bin 0
Phil Rozek DUPE Phil Re: G+ Recycle Bin 0
JoyHawkins DUPE Re: Twitter Outranking the 3-Pack Recycle Bin 0
W DUPE How to Win at HyperLocal Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet DUPE REMOVED Re: Business has 2 Different... Recycle Bin 0
L Critical Google Local Dupe Research Tips: New Tool & New Trick Google Duplicates & Merges 9
Linda Buquet Critical Google Local Dupe Research Tips: New Tool & New Trick Google Duplicates & Merges 9
L One more Nail in the Coffin for Google Local Dupe Research - Michael Cottams Tool Google Duplicates & Merges 15
Linda Buquet One more Nail in the Coffin for Google Local Dupe Research - Michael Cottams Tool Google Duplicates & Merges 15
L RIP Map Maker Phone Search - Local Dupe Research Just Got A Lot Harder Google Duplicates & Merges 29
Linda Buquet RIP Map Maker Phone Search - Local Dupe Research Just Got A Lot Harder Google Duplicates & Merges 29
Tim Colling How to get Yahoo Local dupe supressed? Local Search 16
Dustybones DUPE: Google Map Maker Edits Officially Open In Six Countries Recycle Bin 1
Dustybones DUPE - already posted - LocalU Hangout Live: Google Bulk Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet GMB Dupe Finder & Spam Hunter - Infinitely Better Than Map Maker Google My Business & Google Maps 29
Linda Buquet G+ Local: Dupe Citation Hunting and NAP Hunter Lite Local SEO Tools & Software 2
D Appropriate dupe removal method? Google Duplicates & Merges 1