More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
I had a client reach out asking us to remove the 'Events' listings showing up in the GMB on search results. I'm assuming Google is pulling this from other sources because we don't have events listed on the GMB nor is there an events calendar on the website. Does anyone know how/if it's possible to have these blocked/removed while COVID restrictions are happening?

1585581161250.png

It looks like you don't own/manage the location. Palencia Club 600 Palencia Club Dr, St. Augustine, FL 32095
I would recommend, 1st claiming & managing the data.

It looks like you don't own/manage the location. Palencia Club 600 Palencia Club Dr, St. Augustine, FL 32095
I would recommend, 1st claiming & managing the data.
We actually do own/manage the listing — that was a search done in a clean browser for the screenshot.

Those can come from many sources -- Facebook events, EventBrite, etc. If they are inaccruate, I believe there is a reporting tool you can use.

Hi @valentinb13
Google isn't inclined to remove events at this stage; instead they're simply putting up the notice.

If you have control of all the places the events are listed, I'd suggest removing them from the platforms as your first step in trying to clear them. As @Rich Owings suggested, Facebook events and posts, EventBrite, any Google Calendars you might have, etc. Do a search for the event name and the date to see if the events have been picked up by scrapers and published in spots you might not know about.

Good job on having the messaging on the site too. Might be a good place to mention events are cancelled as well?

If any events are completely incorrect (as in not yours) then this resource may be of assistance:
Update your Google knowledge panel

Last edited:
Thank you @Rich Owings and @Margaret Ornsby --- I figured it was being pulled from Facebook and other sites and told the client that was likely the case, but wanted to make sure I was giving good info. I don't have management access to those other sites unfortunately.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom