More threads by Powersupport

Powersupport

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys, great forum here. I am not an SEO professional, just an electrician trying to promote my own business. I specialize in the installation of residential EV chargers. I am wondering what search terms people use when they are looking to have an EV charger installed in their home. I assume many of them just search for an electrician, which I have those keywords covered. But how would I find out what other terms they use so I could put those on my website? EV charger installation, EV charger installations, EV charger installer, car charger, electric vehicle charger, etc. What is best?

Solution
There are tons of searches for keywords like that so I would definitely have a page about it. Also make sure you specifically target Tesla terms as well - they get a decent search volume.
There are tons of searches for keywords like that so I would definitely have a page about it. Also make sure you specifically target Tesla terms as well - they get a decent search volume.

Solution

Thank you for the reply! Is there any way for me to find out which search terms people are using most so I could focus on those? Or should I just try to incorporate every term thought I could think of?

I would go with what Search Console tells you or use Keywords Everywhere

I have tried to find this information in Search Console but I came up short. Keywords Anywhere looks like it would be more complicated for someone like me. Would I be able to ask other electrician or would they hide that information?

It's worth a shot. I wouldn't ask your direct competition 😏

For threepacks, it is EXCEEDINGLY difficult to get it to show for this electrical specialty. Google tends to show only charging stations. We had a client and we had to twist things around hard to get even one threepack.

For threepacks, it is EXCEEDINGLY difficult to get it to show for this electrical specialty. Google tends to show only charging stations. We had a client and we had to twist things around hard to get even one threepack.

I was looking to use keywords on my website in order to come up higher in organic rankings.

But if you had any tips to come up in the three pack I would really, really appreciate it.

Installation of EV chargers will be a challenge depending on your competition. I'd recommend create a number of "products" related to the process and then see what categories similar services use. Then it's about quality photos and post content.

Much in the same way that you could give DIY advise to a homeowner, you might also advise them to hire a professional to get the job done right. Everyone here can offer some helpful tips but that is no substitute for professional help. Might I suggest you seek out a local expert to help grow your business? There is so much more to all of this than just finding the right keywords. Almost certainly your valuable time would be better spent helping customers rather than learning to do local SEO.

If you can't afford professional help, I would suggest examining each keyword for intent when decided whether to use it and and how prominently.

Much in the same way that you could give DIY advise to a homeowner, you might also advise them to hire a professional to get the job done right. Everyone here can offer some helpful tips but that is no substitute for professional help. Might I suggest you seek out a local expert to help grow your business? There is so much more to all of this than just finding the right keywords. Almost certainly your valuable time would be better spent helping customers rather than learning to do local SEO.

If you can't afford professional help, I would suggest examining each keyword for intent when decided whether to use it and and how prominently.

I’m not opposed to hiring an SEO professional, I’m just not sure if I’m ready for that just yet. I understand that there are a lot of people who call themselves SEO professionals who are anything but. Half of them are scammers and the other half just started doing SEO last month. To hire a real professional like the people on this forum would come at a very high cost (justifiably so), and I’m not sure if that would be worthwhile for me at the moment. I get more leads than I could handle at the moment and I’m not looking to grow in size. I am in the process of transitioning from doing general electrical work to EV charger installation only. It’s going pretty well but I am looking into making some tweaks on the keywords.

As far as the keywords themselves, I have a long list of just about every keyword that apppies. What I was wondering is if there’s a way to find out what keyword is most likely to be used by the average homeowner looking to install a charger in their house.

If you run Google Ads, their kw tool can give you an idea of volume, but that doesn't necessarily mean the average homeowner is using that kw to find an installer. You might have to add common sense to discern what are the actual terms that people use and that would make sense. And experiment. Pick a few from your list that you think might apply and test them out. You'll have to think like a layperson, something not always easy because you're a pro and have tons of knowledge most people don't have.

I checked our list for electricians and I would target these ones:
  1. ev charger installation near me, ev charger installation
  2. tesla charger installation near me, tesla home charger installation near me, tesla charging installation near me

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom