More threads by steve179

steve179

Reaction score
Where can I find the link to my driving directions to a business I manage on GMB? In the August 31st Local U, Darren, Joy, and Dana were talking about linking to GMB profile, and Dana was explaining that one can link to driving directions in GMB, but I can't seem to find the link for this within GMB. It was discussed that driving directions was a behavioral signal that Google recognizes and sharing this link seems better than businesses just texting their address to a client or customer.

Solution
@steve179, it's a link you'll need to create, in a few steps. It's not pre-made in GMB or anywhere else. For that matter, most or all of the steps (depending on your preference) happen in Maps, rather than in GMB. Here are the steps:

1. Pull up your business in Google Maps, either by going directly to the Maps tab, or by going to GMB dashboard -> "Home" -> "View on Maps" (under "Your Business Is on Google"), or by clicking on the little map in the knowledge panel.

gmb-maps-link.jpg

2. Click on "Directions." Note: this will not work if the GMB page has hidden its address.

google-maps-destination.jpg

3. You'll see a map that's populated with the destination. If you want to embed a map where the starting point is whatever the customer enters into...
@steve179, it's a link you'll need to create, in a few steps. It's not pre-made in GMB or anywhere else. For that matter, most or all of the steps (depending on your preference) happen in Maps, rather than in GMB. Here are the steps:

1. Pull up your business in Google Maps, either by going directly to the Maps tab, or by going to GMB dashboard -> "Home" -> "View on Maps" (under "Your Business Is on Google"), or by clicking on the little map in the knowledge panel.

gmb-maps-link.jpg

2. Click on "Directions." Note: this will not work if the GMB page has hidden its address.

google-maps-destination.jpg

3. You'll see a map that's populated with the destination. If you want to embed a map where the starting point is whatever the customer enters into the map, click the hamburger menu on the left, then "Share or embed map." Either you can send customers that link, or you can get the embed code (on the other tab) to create a map like this.

embedded-map-with-destination.jpg

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom