More threads by Mike Pedersen

Reaction score
Okay, I have a client that had created a youtube channel with a NON gmail email address. I logged into to modify his youtube channel, and all of a sudden I'm looking at a NEW G+ page for him.

What is going on with Google?

I do not want ANOTHER page for this client, who already had a G+ profile, and a G+ Local.

Google is SO frustrating I can't stand it!

Mike,

Can you post some more detail. A link to the listing would be helpful.

Is it possible that the client had created the page and you didn't know about it or he forgot about it?

Thanks.

Unfortunately I can't post a link, but I do know they did not create it. It seems google now has directly linked youtube and G+ which sucks.

I keep getting popups on youtube asking if I want to change the name of the channel.

Come on Google, stop trying to control everything.

This G+ is a mess in my opinion.

For a multi-billion dollar company, not very impressive. Google go away!

all of a sudden I'm looking at a NEW G+ page for him.

I do not want ANOTHER page for this client, who already had a G+ profile, and a G+ Local.

Are you referring to a G+ Local page or a G+ Business page?

And what you are saying is that he now has 2 G+ Local pages for the same business? Are they both in the Places Dash?

Hi, I happened to create a new YouTube account a few days ago and during the set up process it is sneaky but it does create a Google+ personal profile with the YouTube account. I was able to go into my settings and then change my name and profile name so that even though the account is created it isn't linked to my name.

So, the Google+ account still exists and is associated with that email address I used to create the account but doesn't have my name on it.

I was also able to disconnect a Google+ profile from the YouTube account but regardless it still sets up a personal google+ account. So for now I have changed the name on the account so I don't have multiple Google+ personal accounts showing up.

I've had the same problem before when signing up for Google Services, they sneak in the G+ profile creation.

How I remedy the situation is by deleting the G+ content from the unwanted G+ account. Deleting the G+ content shouldn't affect any other Google Products or Services in the account including Youtube

22.jpg

22.jpg

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom