More threads by Steven12

Steven12

Reaction score
As you probably know, Google just recently introduced "Gallery Ads". These ads are scheduled to come out later this year. I believe things are looking pretty grim for organic front page rankings, and page two is worthless. If you haven't seen them yet, these ads are huge, extremely visible and have user query search intent behind them. They will be placed on the top of the SERPs, swallowing up the entire mobile screen. Just a few weeks ago we were discussing paid GMBs, now, I'm afraid the map will be in the glovebox like when I grew up. lol I just started this thread because I have a lot of respect for y'all, and I wanted to hear some of your thoughts and ideas. Personally, I see a lot of opportunity for early adapters of this concept. I am Google Ads certified, but I also have done SEO for quite a while. I will be advising my clients, that the SEO side of SEM is very shaky at the present time, and that they need to consider going heavily into Google Ads. So, what do y'all think of this change? PhotoShop experts will be in high demand...

I mean this respectfully, but people have been panicking about Google Ads being the end of SEO for ages. It hasn't happened yet, and I don't think this will be any different.

Is it important to include ads as part of your overall strategy? Yes, of course, and to take advantage of all ad types offered. However, that doesn't mean it's time to ditch SEO all together yet. Many people still skip over ads together. It sounds like the gallery ads will only be on mobile, and a good chunk of people still search on desktop. I definitely believe there will still be a need for SEO.

It's important to stay on top of the latest trends in SEM. However, I don't think panicking over new announcement (or surveys, etc) is helpful or productive.

I think Google will have to backtrack at some point. Users will revolt honestly if they have to scroll too far past ads.

I agree... Joshua...
Here is one thing that I have noticed. Right now, Google won't show search ads for keywords with a very low volume. This is because, (What I've read) they can't calculate a Keyword Quality Score if there is not enough volume. This does help a lot with local long-tails. I've got hundreds of keywords in my niche that I can't even buy with exact match search. "Not showing at this time"

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom