More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
I'm working with a colleague to come up with a DS report that pulls in all sorts of GBP information for a client. The client currently has 27 locations and has a dashboard report via Yext. They would like to get off the Yext platform but have the same/similar reporting.

We have to figure out a way to effectively replace that report (example screenshot below) — does anyone have something they're willing to share or a solution they'd recommend?

1665591663731.jpg

Solution
Hi @valentinb13, not sure if you ran across this software solution that will integrate GBP reporting with Data Studios. We haven't used it personally, but it does have excellent reviews and is definitely priced well for your needs: Jepto — Google Business Profile (GMB) Report and Analysis

We haven't made the jump over to DS, simply because we really love the DashThis reporting tool. I think you might be able to closely replicate the Yext report with DashThis. They have tons of integrations which include GBP. You may want to schedule a demo with them, they have incredible customer service: Digital Report & Dashboard Integrations - DashThis

Lastly, if you want a standalone robust standalone GBP report solution, I'd...
I think you'll have a tough time replicating some of this data, such as the attribute changes.

You'll also have to determine how you're going to pull in the GBP insights data. Supermetrics has a decent connector but they top out at 10 locations unless you sign up for an Enterprise level plan (which is ridiculous and they are aware of that feedback). Otherwise you'd need to figure out your own pipeline solution to pull the data. We are also working on something but it is like 5% complete at this point.

So -- possible, but it would require some work from your end and might end up costing more than you spend on Yext, if you find this dashboard useful.

I think you'll have a tough time replicating some of this data, such as the attribute changes.

You'll also have to determine how you're going to pull in the GBP insights data. Supermetrics has a decent connector but they top out at 10 locations unless you sign up for an Enterprise level plan (which is ridiculous and they are aware of that feedback). Otherwise you'd need to figure out your own pipeline solution to pull the data. We are also working on something but it is like 5% complete at this point.

So -- possible, but it would require some work from your end and might end up costing more than you spend on Yext, if you find this dashboard useful.

I actually have a call with Supermetrics scheduled for later this week, thank you for the feedback — I know their basic plan is $39/month that allows for 1 source and 10 accounts, was hoping we could just triple that...which would still be expensive but cheaper than the current Yext option.

The things they're mostly concerned with seeing is traffic/sessions from GBP, actions taken from the GBP (calls, clicks), and then traffic from their location page on the site...We might be able to recreate a good amount of it with proper UTM tagging but I'm not sure we can present the way they're interested in.

Hi @valentinb13, not sure if you ran across this software solution that will integrate GBP reporting with Data Studios. We haven't used it personally, but it does have excellent reviews and is definitely priced well for your needs: Jepto — Google Business Profile (GMB) Report and Analysis

We haven't made the jump over to DS, simply because we really love the DashThis reporting tool. I think you might be able to closely replicate the Yext report with DashThis. They have tons of integrations which include GBP. You may want to schedule a demo with them, they have incredible customer service: Digital Report & Dashboard Integrations - DashThis

Lastly, if you want a standalone robust standalone GBP report solution, I'd suggest looking at GMB Reporting Tool | Efficiently manage GMB listings | €1,-. They are also a member of the forum, tagging them: @GMBapi.com

Good luck!

Solution
Has anyone else noticed how different the data is between reporting software using the API and viewing insights directly on the GBP? It's maddening.

Thanks Jeff - I missed this somehow.

Our SAAS tooling will give you access to the following:
  • Reporting on local SEO analytics, A/B testing and hygiene metrics.
  • Posting software to post content for an individual customer, or sub groups, or multi location customers. We are building "scheduling functionality" and "custom fields" but this will take a bit of time to become available.
  • Review software - monitor location average review score, reply times and reply percentages. Templated functionality and AI (launched soon) available to speed up the process of replying to reviews.
  • We send your location data to Bing Maps, the Google platforms and Waze. We are working on a FB and Apple Maps connection. FB will be included in the price when it becomes available. Apple Maps is an upgrade - not included as this is a manual action.
  • Our experienced service team will be available to suggest edits, advice on improvements and advice on new Local SEO developments.
We offer anyone a two week free trial of our software. No need to trust us on our word, you can see what you are signing up for.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom