More threads by massimoap

massimoap

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone even seen google asking for a video verification via a qrcode to verify a new gmb? I have attached a few images with the screen.
The issues I am having is that google wants to access the camera via Chrome on the mobile. I have checked and I have granted permission for the camera and microphone to Chrome ( also in phone settings), but it does not work...the video does not start and I am taken back to the GMB page asking to do video verification again - I use a Samsung phone -, I have tried using 2 different phone already and I am having the same issue....Any help is appreciated

issue image 1.jpg

issue image 2.jpg

Screen-1.jpg

screen-2.jpg

Screenshot_2Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-Chrome1.jpg

They started testing it in 2016, but it seems to be more popular in the past few months.

Hi Justin, I love the idea...but sadly it does not seem to work....i get stuck in a loop. after the screen "complete the video verification using your mobile device", it asks to to allow chrome to take video ( It is fully allow) and after that it goes back to page that asks to perform video verification ( I have tried using 2 different phone already)...practically, it does not work...and now there is no other method available to verify the business...we are stuck...the business is a wood floor and kitchen renovation company. It has been at this location for about 6 months already, big sign at the front with heaps of products on display.

Thank you, I have followed those instruction, but the issues I am having is at the "Start recording" stage...it asks to use Chrome, it asks to allow the video...but when I try to actually to do the video, it does not work...it takes me back to the same page that says start the video...it is kind of a loop. I have already tried to allow the video on the Chrome browser and I have tried on 2 different android phone...

Thank you, I have followed those instruction, but the issues I am having is at the "Start recording" stage...it asks to use Chrome, it asks to allow the video...but when I try to actually to do the video, it does not work...it takes me back to the same page that says start the video...it is kind of a loop. I have already tried to allow the video on the Chrome browser and I have tried on 2 different android phone...

There are reports of that happening to other users...
Do you have any other option for verification?

if not the only alternative is to contact Google Business Profile Support using this contact form: https://support.google.com/business/gethelp

Last edited:
Hi, Yes, I have just contacted support...and their first email was asking about putting the postcard verification, which I do not have as the option to request the postcard is not there... I don't have any other options to verify, only the video via their system...I have replied explain it and I have not heard back yet.

Hi, Yes, I have just contacted support...and their first email was asking about putting the postcard verification, which I do not have as the option to request the postcard is not there... I don't have any other options to verify, only the video via their system...I have replied explain it and I have not heard back yet.

If you click on "Verify later" and wait 72 hours you may have other verification options.

if you still do not have other verification options, reply back to support's email and advise the only option is the video recording and you are not able to do it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom