More threads by Caroline

Reaction score
Hi,
There's a GMB listing that I have been asked to look at as the image will not change on it. The owner deleted all the photos and started again to try and remove the photo showing in search but although the photo is no longer in the photos section of GMB, Google is still choosing to show it? How do we change it as the person in the photo has left?
Any help appreciated.

Capture1.JPG

How long has it been since you removed the mugshot, and to what extent have you had other people report it as no longer relevant?

I'm not sure but at least a week since we deleted all the GMB photos including this mugshot.

Where do I report the image? When I click on it to see all images, it isn't visible anywhere?

Thanks

If you click "see photos," click on the specific photo you want to remove, and then click the flag icon in the upper-right-hand corner, you can ask Google to do this or that with the photo. Google's somewhat better about taking action on ill-fitting photos than on other problems, in my experience.

If you don't see the photo after you click "see photos," then as gone as it can be for now, and should be a matter of time before it drops out of the sidebar.

I can't remember where I saw this trick but it was posted somewhere recently. And when I tried it - it seemed to work. You can try it out and let us know.

1. Change your preferred cover Photo in the Photo menu
1611941960304.png

2. Open the Website menu
1611941927266.png

3. Look for "Edit Header Photo" and change it to the photo you just selected as your cover photo
1611941987901.png

You don't even have to publish the website. I waited for at least an hour to see it changed.

Again, my success rate was 1 of 1. So I can't say it works all the time.

Edit: Actually, 2 of 2 as I tried it again. And the 2nd time it was instant. One thing I noticed is it will work if the cover photo is in 4:3 Ratio.

Last edited:
I can't remember where I saw this trick but it was posted somewhere recently. And when I tried it - it seemed to work. You can try it out and let us know.

1. Change your preferred cover Photo in the Photo menu
1611941960304.png

2. Open the Website menu
1611941927266.png

3. Look for "Edit Header Photo" and change it to the photo you just selected as your cover photo
1611941987901.png

You don't even have to publish the website. I waited for at least an hour to see it changed.

Again, my success rate was 1 of 1. So I can't say it works all the time.

Edit: Actually, 2 of 2 as I tried it again. And the 2nd time it was instant. One thing I noticed is it will work if the cover photo is in 4:3 Ratio.
Thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom