More threads by Erika1986

Erika1986

Reaction score
Hello,

We have an agency account on GMB that we use to manage our client's locations. We manage several clients and between them, there are 2000 locations in total.

This morning all of them got suspended for suspicious activity. All are suspended within the dashboard, but they do appear on Google search as unclaimed.

I have checked in with our team members and we have not done any work on the account for the last 4 days. However, each of the clients has several of their own users added to their location group. I am thinking that maybe one of the users was flagged and that affected everyone else?

My questions are:

1. What is the best way to identify which user may have caused the issue?
2. Is there a way to apply for reinstatement in bulk? Or do we need to fill in 2000 individual requests?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi Erika, sorry to hear that. This sounds like an account level suggestion. Which means that the suspension is likely related to a users account that is connected to the agency account. If you have any thoughts on which user that is, the first step is to remove them as a manager or owner.

Since this is urgent, contact GMB support after removing the suspicious user or fixing whatever you think the account level issue is. If you don't hear back in 48 hours, I'd suggest posting the issue, with your GMB support case ID at the GMB Forum.

Include your account ID in your GMB Forum post as well as any steps you've taken so far.

Hi Erika, sorry to hear that. This sounds like an account level suggestion. Which means that the suspension is likely related to a users account that is connected to the agency account. If you have any thoughts on which user that is, the first step is to remove them as a manager or owner.

Since this is urgent, contact GMB support after removing the suspicious user or fixing whatever you think the account level issue is. If you don't hear back in 48 hours, I'd suggest posting the issue, with your GMB support case ID at the GMB Forum.

Include your account ID in your GMB Forum post as well as any steps you've taken so far.
Hi Colan,

Thank you for your response. Do you have any tips on identifying the affected user? I checked and each client has at least 5 - 8 people added to their location group. And we have access to 13 location groups in total. Is this something that Google can identify from their end maybe?

Thank you!

If you are saying that all listings across all location groups are suspended then the issue is likely at your account level and not in any of the individual location groups.

Do any of the users at the account level use that account for suggesting edits to other business listings regularly?

If you are saying that all listings across all location groups are suspended then the issue is likely at your account level and not in any of the individual location groups.

Do any of the users at the account level use that account for suggesting edits to other business listings regularly?
Hi Colan,

No, not really. We do have a separate Gmail address we use for suggesting edits to listings. To the agency account, we all are linked via our work emails only and we don't use that for edits.

Thank you!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom