More threads by Remco

Remco

Reaction score
Hello there :)

A client has stores in multiple cities in the Netherlands.
His GMB names are like this: ThePhoneLab Amsterdam, ThePhoneLab Rotterdam, ThePhoneLab Utrecht, etc

Every once in a while, Google changes the names to "thephonelab" or "Thephonelab"
So they misspelled the brand and left out the city.
I already contacted them multiple times.
They keep saying they do not do this (but I know they do, it says there right in the notification email)

Any tips in how to keep the naming of the locations correct?

Many thanks!

Hey,

From my understanding, Google will pull information from many different sources. It can come from your profile itself, or it can come from other websites. It will pull the description, address, title and/or any other information from different locations around the web and post whatever they believe is most accurate. That is why they keep updating your business names, as they believe the other sources are more accurate than the information you are providing.

If you do a Google search for "thephonelab," you can see that many sites refer to your address in that way, which is probably why Google keeps updating this information.

To fix this, you can try contacting all the websites that have the incorrect information and ask them to update it. Alternatively, there are several independent businesses out there that offer this service. Many of them update directories to have the correct information and/or monitor your listing to prevent these changes from happening. If you do a little research, I'm sure you can find one that will work for you, depending on your budget and needs.

Hope this helps,
Andrea

Hey,

From my understanding, Google will pull information from many different sources. It can come from your profile itself, or it can come from other websites. It will pull the description, address, title and/or any other information from different locations around the web and post whatever they believe is most accurate. That is why they keep updating your business names, as they believe the other sources are more accurate than the information you are providing.

If you do a Google search for "thephonelab," you can see that many sites refer to your address in that way, which is probably why Google keeps updating this information.

To fix this, you can try contacting all the websites that have the incorrect information and ask them to update it. Alternatively, there are several independent businesses out there that offer this service. Many of them update directories to have the correct information and/or monitor your listing to prevent these changes from happening. If you do a little research, I'm sure you can find one that will work for you, depending on your budget and needs.

Hope this helps,
Andrea

Thank you very much for your reply!
I understand your point, and I agree with your argumentation about Google gaining information about the brandname and other business aspects.

Only thing is, I can not reproduce the Google search for "thephonelab".
Of the 100 results I only spotted 1 misspelling, the rest was correct.
Can you show me how you searched for this?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom