More threads by Brodie Clark

Brodie Clark

Reaction score
I originally posted this on Twitter, but figured I'd add here too.

Looks like Google My Business is now showing an email address field on listings (at least for this one that I manage). Have never seen an email address displayed in the Local Panel like this. This hasn't been set in the backend either – there's no 'email' field in the GMB Dashboard. In this case, it's been extracted from a partner site.

Note: it is quite common for G to show 3rd party info in their Knowledge Panels. It's more so the fact that they have added an 'email address' section along with the physical address, opening hours and phone number.

The workaround has always been to add the clients email address using the 'description' field which is accessible in the GMB Dashboard. This is obviously not an ideal scenario, as I imagine not many people read the descriptions – which are hidden at the very bottom of the LP.

Have you seen this before?

Hi @Brodie Clark I'm seeing an increased number of these sightings over the last month. Google seems to have tweaked it's scraper that pulls information into the KP.

If you hit the "feedback" link in the KP it should give you the option to edit the email address or remove it.

Interesting! Just tried that and it doesn't seems to be editable for me:

Most likely just a limited test currently.

I wonder if this was pulled from local schema on the site? 🧐

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom