Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Thanks Amber,

Joy had a similar problem that I think she reported to Google. I'll ask her to come by and post.

Google is REALLY stressing right now not to merge. Not even anything to do with the fact the SABs should not merge, but in general it sounds like they recommend not merging and just waiting for the auto-upgrade.

So it's odd support told you to merge, especially since it's an SAB.

I'll ping Joy.

Reaction score
Thanks, Linda! Looking forward to hearing from Joy.

Also, thanks for correcting my title:)

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Amber,

"Pending Review" could also mean there is a violation in the listing. In my case, the client's listing wasn't pending, it just didn't rank anywhere. Not even on page 50. He came to us after having this issue for about 8 months and one of the things we tried was merging his page with G+ and it did work - it got him ranking instantly. My theory is that the Google + interface is more powerful than the old Google Places Dashboard which is why I wanted him to merge.

However, many people at Google still advise against it. Not 100% sure why.

Reaction score
Thanks Joy! My situation was a little different. They moved locations, I changed the address, and once the PIN was entered the listing immediately went into review. The Rep said that the only reason he thought that it was in review for so long was bc of the rollout of the new dashboard. When I asked if there was anything else I could do, he suggested creating the Business Page. I made sure to be clear that he knew my client only served customers at their location and a few "are you sure?!" later he verified the page by phone and an hour later we were back in the 7-pack.

I just don't know if this clears or muddies the water even more for SAB's and G+.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
So wait, the address was hidden in the Google Places dashboard, but when you went to Google Plus and searched for the business to verify it (https://plus.google.com/dashboard), it still showed up there anyways? For some reason I thought there was no way to verify an SAB with a hidden address on Google Plus. It was broken.

I think this is the first thing that happened - Google Groups

Reaction score
Address was hidden in Google Places after I changed it. When we received the PIN I verified it in Google Places but the listing went into review immediately for 3 months and was no longer in the 7-pack where it once was listing 'A'.

I didn't have a G+ dashboard until I created one on the 18th while on the phone with the Rep and he verified my G+ business page for this SAB.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
For some reason I thought there was no way to verify an SAB with a hidden address on Google Plus. It was broken.

No it's def possible. I did before Google told us you should not.

And TONS of SABs did too, because you CAN and Google never told them within the interface it was not allowed, so they did it.

Remember the fiasco at one point where Google said if you were SAB with address hidden and merged, even though you were not supposed to you had to delete your G+ page? (There was a G forum sticky.)

Then later they changed and said you no longer needed to delete your G+ page because they added the ability to hide address in G+. (There was a separate G forum sticky for this one too.)

But again right now Google is stressing even more than usual wait, don't merge regardless.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Joy,

You're saying you unhid the address for the SAB, merged, and it fixed it?

I was under the impression that currently, you can't merge an SAB. Linda may be correct that you use to be able to but currently, you cannot. Is this correct?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Adam C. Google Ads Phone Support Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
Danish Blackmail Review (Asking money to remove it) | Google support does not wish to take it down Local Reviews 2
WAHamilton How long is it taking you to get a response from Google Support? Help & Support for Google Local 16
Lanerizz Google My Business Support Request Question Moving or Name Changes 1
BenFisher How to Contact Google My Business for Help and Support? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
JoshuaMackens Google Support Chat Consultant's Corner 22
M Is There A Phone Number For Google Adwords Support? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
M Best Contact for Google Support? Local Search 6
L Is it still possible to contact Google my Business support by phone ? Local Search 1
timcapper Manual Penalties and Google Business Support on Suspended Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
JoyHawkins Google My Business Phasing Out Phone Support? Google My Business & Google Maps 37
JoshuaMackens Google Phone Support Google My Business & Google Maps 13
DanLeibson Google My Business Support Horror Stories Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Mary Banned: Google My Business Support via Twitter - Tweet #ghelp Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet New! Google My Business Support via Twitter - Tweet #ghelp Google My Business & Google Maps 13
J No Call Backs From Google Support Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Priya Chandra No more manual verification via Google+ Local support Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Dustybones Google Is Now Supporting Open Location Codes Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Colan Nielsen 13 Time-saving Google My Business Support Shortcuts Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Dustybones Google My Business Support Strategies By Andrew Shotland Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Susan How to RECLAIM an Orphaned GMB Listing - Step by Step Guide to Google+ Support Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Google Phone Support Told Me I can Ignore Duplicates Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Google Phone Support Hours Currently Limited Due to Backlog Google My Business & Google Maps 16
R Google Local Support Worthless? Help & Support for Google Local 3
R Ranking Hints from Google Support? Local Search 10
Linda Buquet Google Support Says GMB Description Helps Rankings? Pigeon Ranking Signal Change? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
Lloyd Silver No Current Website - Best course of action to support Google My Business Google My Business & Google Maps 5
chadkimball Google Plus Local Phone Support Australia Google My Business & Google Maps 1
G Google Political Support for Darrell Issa Recycle Bin 0
Colan Nielsen Uh Oh..Google Phone Support Down Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Google Support Call and 4 Hours on FREAKING SUITE #! Mod Squad 4
Mike Wilton Google+ Local Conversion Generating "We currently do not support the location." Error Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Google Local Phone support now accepts screenshots Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M First Google Support Call Help & Support for Google Local 8
Susan Walsh Google+ Local (Places for Business) phone support Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet Enhanced Phone Support - New Google Places Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 2
N Google Places Phone Support Down? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Daniel C Berman Google Data Highlighter Now Supports Local Business Markup Local Search 10
M Google Places Support, Google Reps, Client Relationships, Rant Google My Business & Google Maps 5
D Google - We currently do not support the location??? Help & Support for Google Local 4
Linda Buquet Google+ Local Phone Support - Run Down of My 1st Support Call Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet HUGE NEWS! Phone Support for Google Local DATA Problems Just Launched Google My Business & Google Maps 40
L Service Area Business DELETED - Google+ Local Support Saga Proves My Points Service Area Businesses 1
Linda Buquet Service Area Business DELETED - Google+ Local Support Saga Proves My Points Service Area Businesses 1
Linda Buquet NEW! Direct Phone Support for Google+ Local Verification Issues Google My Business & Google Maps 17
Linda Buquet Massive Google Review Problems Continue - Support Replies Local Reviews 1
L Business Listings Deleted by Google - Do Not Support Location Update Service Area Businesses 69
Linda Buquet Business Listings Deleted by Google - Do Not Support Location Update Service Area Businesses 69
Linda Buquet WOW Bing LIVE Chat Support - Why Can't Google Local Offer This? Local Search 5
L Google Places Do Not Support Location Problems Service Area Businesses 1