More threads by Mmclean07

Mmclean07

Reaction score
Looking at starting with Synup instead of Yext to manage basic local listings for 500+ locations. Has anyone used Synup? What's been your experience?

Has anyone used Synup? What's been your experience?

Attempted to use them a few years ago for 3 listings. They said they could do something, but it turned out that was just their sales guy saying "yes" to everything :( Ended up canceling a few days after signup. They initially tried to refute the cancelation but came to their senses after I provided the email thread. We use BrightLocal and Whitespark for everything these days.

For what it is worth, I had trouble a number of years ago with Yext taking my largest client. It was a single healthcare client with over 150 listings. We had the account for years and ran through Yext. Yext called them directly, spoke negatively about our services (which was unjustified), and then convinced the client to sign up directly with them cutting us out. I was extremely clear about my feelings with my rep at Yext, canceled the services for the remainder of my clients, and never looked back. Just food for thought.

For what it is worth, I had trouble a number of years ago with Yext taking my largest client. It was a single healthcare client with over 150 listings. We had the account for years and ran through Yext. Yext called them directly, spoke negatively about our services (which was unjustified), and then convinced the client to sign up directly with them cutting us out. I was extremely clear about my feelings with my rep at Yext, canceled the services for the remainder of my clients, and never looked back. Just food for thought.

We had a brand contact Yext directly and Yext forced us to transfer the locations over to the brand. The brand then screwed up the migration. It worked out better for Yext as they charged the brand more money than what we were paying them. We used that to drastically lower our yearly cost per location.

Yelp requires a direct paid relationship with any brand over 10 locations.

I know Synup is the topic of the thread, but I wanted to offer a little more context on the Yelp discussion. Yelp does not require a direct paid relationship when working SOCi, under the terms of our relationship as a listing management partner. (I can't speak to the terms other Yelp partners may be offering.)

I know Synup is the topic of the thread, but I wanted to offer a little more context on the Yelp discussion. Yelp does not require a direct paid relationship when working SOCi, under the terms of our relationship as a listing management partner. (I can't speak to the terms other Yelp partners may be offering.)

I know how Yelp and Yext work. You need a purchase order as I had to get one from Yelp to sync with Yext. They only would work with the locations that were running paid ads.

Yext...sketchy

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom