Mark Warner

Reaction score
Supposed to block artificial blue light for people like us that sit behind computers all day. Anyone ever tried these or currently use these? Any comments? Thanks

HurricaneK8

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

I used them in university when I was on my laptop all day! I've since gone through a few more computers and don't have the glare issues, but they did help my migraines and double vision I was getting. I also found I was less tired when I wore them.

I got a cheap pair from China off ebay :)

heckler

Reaction score
I have a few buddies who swear by them. Better contrast and less eye fatigue when looking at a CPU-screen for 10+ hours a day.

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
I haven't tried them, but I hear good things (like some of the other comments here). I see them being promoted to gamers a lot because of the reasons listed above. I was actually thinking about getting a pair and trying them out.

Klaas Koopman

Reaction score
I haven't tried them, but I hear good things (like some of the other comments here). I see them being promoted to gamers a lot because of the reasons listed above. I was actually thinking about getting a pair and trying them out.

Eric, I hope you don't mind me asking this, but have you gotten a pair and what's your 'view' on them thusfar?

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
I actually haven't tried them yet (IK IK... I'm dragging). I just turn down the brightness and contrast on the monitors :p I wear contacts and glasses (not the same as this discussion, I know), but sometimes I'll simply wear my glasses while I work and that saves my eyes a bit. The more I look into the glasses I think they could be useful, but it seems more of a novelty item for me. I'd rather spend the money on something else :D

Klaas Koopman

Reaction score
I actually haven't tried them yet (IK IK... I'm dragging). I just turn down the brightness and contrast on the monitors :p I wear contacts and glasses (not the same as this discussion, I know), but sometimes I'll simply wear my glasses while I work and that saves my eyes a bit. The more I look into the glasses I think they could be useful, but it seems more of a novelty item for me. I'd rather spend the money on something else :D

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I do get headache from time to time, but that's probably because I've got this hd screen on a high brightness and contrast and work around 10 hours a day. Time to do something about this.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Weird, a buddy just reminded me of these again the other day. If anyone as an experience with them, would love to hear it. I'm also curious on how bad staring at a computer is for your eyes.

Klaas Koopman

Reaction score
I discussed it with some IT friends of mine and heard that one of them is actually using it. He says it really helps him and keeps him from getting a headache. I might try one aswell, if I do, I'll let you guys know how it affected it my workday or not.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Is it just for headaches, etc. or is it for preserving your eyes?

mborgelt

Reaction score
After a recent visit to the eye doctor, one of our team members was advised that the best thing you can do when working on a screen for numerous hours a day is to stare a point 20-30 feet away for 20 seconds every 20-30 minutes. The glasses and things help but most problems are caused by focusing the eye closely so allowing the muscles to relax by staring off into the distance will likely solve a lot of you issues. YMMV

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Will it ever round up to 5.0? Local Reviews 9
djbaxter Best review ever? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
K Anybody Ever Seen Inventory Search URL? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
U Do Google ever remove photos from a GMB listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
JoyHawkins Have You Ever Broken a One-Box? Ranking Puzzles 12
H In the history of time, has anyone ever been complimented for a good Description tag? Consultant's Corner 1
djbaxter Funniest review ever? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 2
L Anyone ever hear of "SEMANTIXS?" Consultant's Corner 4
Dillon Brickhouse Ranking from quite a distance. Has anyone ever seen this? Local Search 17
L ✔ The Most Amazing Local Keyword & Content Idea Tool EVER! Local Content 14
Linda Buquet ✔ The Most Amazing Local Keyword & Content Idea Tool EVER! Local Content 14
carltonrsmith Has anyone ever worked out a cost-per-lead structure with a local client? Consultant's Corner 5
Dustybones How to explain the ever changing SEO enviroment to your client Local Search 0
HurricaneK8 It's now easier than ever to add your favorite places to the map! Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Mark Warner Would you Ever Avoid a Brand Name with "1st" In It? Local Search 5
Tyson Downs Dental Marketing Company, Anybody ever heard of these guys? Recycle Bin 0
W Craziest category list I've ever seen... NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
whitespark Craziest category list I've ever seen... NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
D Google Dashboard Data: has it ever been this bad Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Mike Wilton Additional Details: Have You Ever Seen Anything Like This? Is there a benefit? Google Local 101 2
MiriamEllis The Worst Local SEO Client You've Ever Had Consultant's Corner 8
D Client's Competition Keeps Trying to Take His Listing Spam on Google 2
J Trying to figure out correct address format for GMB profile Moving or Name Changes 4
S Trying To Gain Ownership of Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 3
coachmarino Company trying to sell client back their own GMB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A Help Client gets "Invitation failed (Role not allowed)" when trying to add Organization ID Help & Support for Google Local 6
K GMB Server Errors when trying to report a duplicate Google My Business & Google Maps 2
K Help, False Listings, I've tried everything to remove them! It's bankrupting me! Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A SAB trying to rank 1 specific service Local Search 3
D Tried to start a new GMB after suspended, is URL blacklisted? Starting to think so... Google My Business & Google Maps 7
WAHamilton Trying to Find Category for 'General Contractor' in Canada NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
M North Face tried to scam Wikipedia to get its products to the top of Google search Organic SEO 0
Tim Colling Someone trying to change GMB location name, EVERY DAY Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Tim Colling Has anyone tried / Does anyone use Local Viking Local Search Experts Forum 3
djbaxter Davis tried to register another account Mod Squad 0
chadkimball Chad Kimball Google Maps Business Rant.. read this if you are trying to get started in this business! Recycle Bin 0
J Interesting, Sneak Way of Trying to Game Multi Location Google My Business Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Eric Rohrback Google's Trying to Edge Out Adobe Local SEO Tools & Software 2
travelincat Trying to create a GMB Brand Page Google My Business & Google Maps 3
C Question/Problem - Trying to rank one landing page in multiple cities Local Search 10
Broland Google Listing Disappeared With Recent Update? - Try This Google My Business & Google Maps 68
Linda Buquet Tried this for Local Links and Citations? Brilliant for the Right Type of Client Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Consultants: Have you Tried PEEK for your Local Search Clients Yet? Consultant's Corner 18
V Trying to improve my rankings, help from Spain! Help & Support for Google Local 0
Todd McCall Trying to bring satellite offices into compliance with guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 4
jvaquino Has anyone tried Factual's "Write API" option? Local SEO Tools & Software 2
Linda Buquet New Powerhouse Group Trying to Kill Google Local 7 Pack Google My Business & Google Maps 24
HurricaneK8 Competitor trying to defame clinic with fake reviews :( Local Reviews 14
ColoradoChris State - Keywords - Location - State | Trying to clarify how to rank for state wide Local Search 2
shondarogers Go with Dentist Places Listing or Try to Promote Office Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 2