More threads by lgarriss

lgarriss

Reaction score
Hi all - How do I get a GMB profile to trigger when there isn't an office location? It's a sort of AirBnb type of site that targets the whole USA which is what we currently have set as the service area. The only way I have been able to get it to trigger though is by searching its name exactly. Any tips on how to get it to trigger for keywords it would be relevant for?

Thanks!

Hey @lgarriss

To qualify for a GMB listing, the business must make in-person contact with customers during its specified opening hours. The service-area business options are restricted to businesses that serve customers at their location (rather than greeting customers at your own store, etc.)

I might be wrong but it doesn't like your client's business is a service-area business or a customer-facing store, in which case it actually wouldn't qualify for a GMB listing.

I feel like I am getting conflicting data, I read up on it and found this: Add or edit your service area - Computer - Google My Business Help

but then when I went to remove the service area from my listing it said gave me this:
Annotation 2020-02-28 093609.jpg

It has to have one or the other or it shouldn't have a listing at all.

If it is just that service area you are trying to remove, you need to add another one 1st, before you remove it.

As mentioned in previous post though, are you sure you qualify for one?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom